Impossible~Chapter Two

So I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's quite action packed, I'm hoping the length is good as well, I was aiming for two to three pages so fingers crossed. 

...

Dedicated to:

To the side is an amazing cover made by slowdanced, thankyou so much!

The song to the right is called 'a taste of struggle' and its by it actually has no direct relevance to this chapter but I love it :)

----

Chapter Two

My instant reaction was to hide behind something.

I looked around the room and decided to duck behind the bowl of water, my breathing shallow and my stomach churning.

I waited a few beats and my brain started to analyse the situation.

I had a key in my hand and was hiding in an unlocked room.

I quickly pushed myself of the ground and ran to lock the door, my fingers fumbled and the sound of the key ramming Ito the lock hole would've drawn some attention.

Once I successfully locked the door I slipped the key back into the pocket and backed away from the door. I sat down behind the cauldron and wove my arms around my knees, my body was shaking in fear. There were screams that could be heard from the usually soundproof walls of the meditation room.

They were most likely from the hall, how convenient for the kidnappers, having everyone in the same room. I don't know how long I sat there, I was numb to time. Even after the screaming died down into nothingness, my limbs wouldn't move, I was too petrified what laid outside the walls of this room.

It was when my stomach started to plea for substance when I finally got up, my body surprisingly nimble despite the rigid position I had been in for most of the day.

I stuck my hand in my pocket, it was met with cool brass, I pulled the key out and walked towards the door raising my arm so slowly it was eery. It took a lot of courage for me to unlock the door, I didn't particularly want to know what I would face when left the safe haven I was in but I knew I wouldn't be appeasing to the eye.

The door creaked open and I was hit with the cool night air, the courtyard was the way it had been before, prim and proper. But something was wrong. I could feel it in my bones, the screams were an indication but there was a feeling in the pit of my stomach that warned me of danger.

I stepped away from the door and was shocked to see the windows of the hallway lit up, I almost sprinted towards the hall when my ears picked up on boisterous conversation. This was all too good to be true, but then I realised something, the chatter was not the usual hi-pitched obnoxious teenage girls voices, it was deep and hearty.

It was the voices of men.

I started to back into the room when I made a resolution, the men in the hall undoubtably where the cause of the screaming, so I needed to get away from the school as soon as possible.

I walked as quietly as I could to the closest door, which, by chance, led straight to a staircase. I opened the door and was thankful to the caretakers of the school who oiled the doors as it did not make a sound.

I pulled one of the lanterns of the wall and proceeded to climb the stairs, my footfalls hardly made a sound but in the confined space of the spiral stair case they seemed to echo of the stone walls.

When I finally reached the hallway I navigated myself through the corridors, being careful to remain as quiet as possible and hide in the shadows whenever I could hear a sound. I finally made it to my room after a long walk and immediately grabbed the rucksack of my wooden side table.