❀ The Gulab Jamun Philosophy ❀

6 AM

It was a fine new day
The bright sun rays filtered through the sleek curtains of the room, falling straight on Roja's face.
As the sun rays fell on her face, she woke up with a wide smile. She emerged out from the sheets, sat up straight, and slowly opened her eyes. She rubbed her palms gently and placed it on her face.
Then she turned to see her husband tucked in, sleeping calmly on the other side of the bed.
She gave him a wide smile. Then, edging closer to him, she whispered a 'good morning' into his ears.

"Intha veetode marumagal ah Inniki ennode first day Arjun sir. Enakku all the best sollunga" 😃

He didn't respond but a small smile inadvertently crept into his sleeping face. That was enough for her. She quickly went to shower and was ready in 20 minutes. She wore a soft pink and pista green saree with floral designs.
Arjun was still sleeping when she came out.

Roja's POV :
Ada Ada
Evlo azhaga thoongararu. Kozhandai mathri
Paathute irukkalam Arjun sir thoongara azhaga irukku
Concerned ...
Paavam, night ellam nalla thoonginaro illayo. Situation vera Ippo sari illa. Athaye nenachu Avar night ellam kannu mulichu irunthu irupparo

Wondering to herself, Roja started drying her wet hair. As she did so, tiny droplets of water fell from her hair onto Arjun's eyelids.

He awoke as the water drops fell on him. He gave Roja a wide bright smile as he sat up in his bed.

"Ithu pothume, Intha sirripu pothume, Enakku naal fulla thevaiyana energy ellame kedacha mathri irukke😌
Arjun sir, Intha sirripu permanent ah unga face la irukkanum" (Roja to herself)

Arjun : Good Morning Roja

Roja : Good Morning Arjun Sir. Night nalla thoonginingala

Arjun : Nalla thoonginen Roja. Nee nalla thoonginiya. Puthu edam. Vasathi ellam ok thane. Comfortable ah irundhuchu la?

Roja : Athellam no problem sir. Nalla comfortable ah irundhuchu. Ashramathula olah paayila thoongina Enakku Ithu oru sorgam sir.

Arjun : Roja! Nee unnodu palaya vaazhkai ah nenachu feel panna koodathu! Athu vera Ithu vera. Nee ethukagavum feel panna koodathu nu Naa nenaikiren. Ashramathula ippdi kasta patten, appdi kasta patten, yarume illama irunthen nu yosikatha roja. Enakkaga please...enakku Romba kastam ah irukku
Ithu unnode new life! Unakkaga Naa, Intha full family eh irukku! Atha pathi mattom nenachiko. Athukaga unna Ithana varusham ah valatha appa vayo, illa ashramathula un kooda iruntha mathavangala yo nee maranthurnam nu Naa sollala. Avangaluku Enna laam thevaiyo ellame pannu, yean naane unakku help panren. Aana palaya kastathellam nenaikatha Roja.

Roja was listening to him in awe. She truly appreciated the concern he had for her, despite all that he was going through.

Roja : Puriyarthu sir😊Neenga solli Naa kekkama iruppena

Arjun : Sari Roja, Naa poi kulichitu varen.
Kulichitu nera keela vanthurven breakfast table ku

Roja : Ok Sir. Naa poi mathavangala ellam paathutu breakfast table ah ready panni vekkaren.

As Arjun went to shower, Roja decided to do the bed first before going downstairs.
She first folded the sheets and tucked them neatly into the bed. Then her focus shifted to the pillows which were scattered all over the bed. She arranged them in an orderly manner on the bed. That's when her eyes fell on Arjun's pillow. There was some wetness on the pillow. She gently felt it with her hands. There was a round wet stain.