iX| The Drive

"Yeah, you just need to take a left — Right now!"

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎮🇬🇧 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Saturday

"But on Saturday, Saturday, Saturday

We paint the town"

Mira Atkinson had never felt like a fraud before

While she blonde had found her differences to be...difficult at times...they were what made her who she was. She'd accepted herself years ago and even before that, she was never actively trying to hide who she was. She didn't need to pretend to be someone else on social media or in her day-to-day life.

Mira was just Mira.

However, the first time that she put on the new clothes she had brought, Mira felt like a fraud. She theorised that it was due to the fact she'd only worn hoodies from the moment she left school, except for a dress from here to there. She was sensitive to a lot of material and hoodies were her safety net.

She had spent a few days getting used to the feeling of the new clothes she had brought so she wouldn't be as awkward when she walking around Silverstone. Mira didn't want to make a fool out of herself on social media because while she enjoyed being herself (and always would be) she didn't enjoy the harsh comments that followed.

Sony headphones positioned tightly over her ears and glasses nearly sliding off her phone, Mira danced around her bedroom as Saturday by Twenty-One Pilots played at a dangerously high volume. It was a miracle that she managed to avoid all furniture while twirling around as though she were in a world of her own.

"Mira! Earth to Mira! I can hear your music through your headphones! You'll go deaf!"

Giving up on grabbing her attention, Esme lifted the headphones from Mira's head. This caused Mira to frown and stare at her friend with wide eyes and a pout. She didn't like to be interrupted when she was dancing to her favourite songs.

"What are you doing?" Esme questioned, crossing her arms.

"Dancing?"

"So ignoring your anxiety then?"

"Uh, Yeah."

"Right," Esme sighed. "Mira, we have to leave in ten minutes. I know you don't want to and I'm sorry for making you feel like you had to but you might enjoy it! And for goodness sake, turn your volume down when you're listening to music."

"You know that's not going to be happy," Mira smiled as she clicked the 'pause' button. "I need the dopamine hit from having it on 80%."

"Whatever you say but don't cry to me when they tell you that you've got hearing loss—"