Viii| Shopping spree

"Girl, why do you only own jeans and hoodies?"

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎮🇬🇧 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Diamonds and Dancefloors

"Diamonds and dancefloors in every dream

I miss the music surrounding me"

Mira found that July showed how normal things were becoming again for the most part. People were glad to get back to a life that was as normal as possible, despite some things still being stuck in the way it was back in May. Mira still wore a mask whenever she left the house, just in case, and a lot of people still did as well.

As the season for Formula 1 restarted, Mira knew she would be going back to doing press events as other things. Even though she wasn't directly involved in physical sports, she was still a part of McLaren.

The fact was, Mira earned nearly ten million per year just from Twitch payments, sponsorships and ad deals. She didn't even need to work for McLaren at all, for anything. She just enjoyed doing it a little too much. It was one of the reasons she questioned what made her agree to Esme and Lando's idea at all.

Most of Mira's money went to charity as she wasn't a particularly materialistic person. She spent a lot on gifts for her brothers and Esme but everything else was just stored in her bank account for a time Mira felt she needed it. She didn't believe in spending the money all at once and she hesitated when buying anything that was a large quantity of money.

It was an effect of having been raised in the care system and with financially struggling brothers trying to raise their sisters.

As a small appreciation to her only friend, Mira paid Esme to act as her media co-ordinator outside of McLaren and manager as Mira didn't always think the way everyone else did and Esme was there to help with that. It also meant that Mira knew Esme would always be financially stable (even though she was paid enough by McLaren).

"Okay, we need to get you a cute outfit for next weekend," Esme demanded as she looked in Mira's wardrobe. "Girl, why do you only own jeans and hoodies?"

"Comfort over fashion, Esme!" Mira whined, hugging Loki to her chest. "What's wrong with my clothes?"

"Let's see...you own two blue jumpers, three black hoodies, two white hoodies, two McLaren hoodies, oh a weirdly bright pink hoodie...you don't need this many hoodies!"

"I disagree."

"Then the other tops you have are your McLaren shadow ones and a shoulder top!" Esme huffed. "I love you, Mira, but we need to get you into fashion a little bit more now we can leave the house."