Vi| An agreement

"Maybe the next game we can play is goat simulator."

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎮🇬🇧 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Houdini

"I come and I go, tell me all the ways you need me

I'm not here for long, catch me before I go, houdini"

Mira's life had been uneventful for the rest of June. She continued to stream with the Formula Drivers, which had seemingly caused all of her social media to blow up in various ways. More followers but also more haters. Mira handled them by simply not reading the comments on platforms like Instagram.

Mira had mixed feelings towards it. She had become friends with the people she streamed with but she didn't have that much conversation with them unless they spoke directly to her. Lando spoke to her the most with Alex coming in close to second. It wasn't that Mira didn't like talking to them, she did, but they were all big personalities and she didn't want to overstep boundaries.

She was also socially awkward in general, something that was easier to control in the comfort of her room but was still challenging.

Then there was that of Lando Norris.

Ever since meeting her in the park, he had somehow persuaded her to make it a regular thing, sitting across from each other on separate benches, masks on, and a cat in Lando's lap. Mira partly agreed to it as a form of getting out of her house, making it a part of her schedule but she had begun to enjoy it. It also led to Mira and Lando exchanging phone numbers; Mira would lie if she said it didn't put her on edge slightly.

There were only a few people who had known her for a long time who knew she had a very unique way of texting, often appearing blunter than she sounded. She couldn't help it, she didn't write like she talked, unlike a lot of people. Sometimes, in big groups of people like those of group chats that she had ended up in (but soon muted or left), she would try to put more effort into typing how others did. She learnt there was no point, it was exhausting.

Lando soon adapted to it.

"You're back racing in July, aren't you?" Mira questioned as she leaned back.

She was on Facetime with Lando for the third time that week, the first being Monday and the current being Saturday. It was something Mira normally only did with her brother Luke, as Mike preferred phone calls, so she was adjusting.

"As far as I know but there are double races in some places as well," Lando replied. "Austria's up first. It'll be weird though, with the masks and everything."

"Yeah," Mira replied lightly. "I imagine it's weird...even just having travelled, no?"

"I'm not going to complain about less travelling," Lando replied honestly. "Carlos and I were talking the other day and I know you haven't met him but he suggested that maybe you could come to Silverstone."

"I don't know, Lando...I don't really go well with crowds and I don't know anyone."

"You know me!" Lando replied. "And I can get a pass for Esme so you can both come. It shouldn't be hard, both of you work for McLaren...you can come in the garage or hospitality—"

"Why do you want me to go so badly?" Mira questioned, tilting her head.

"I just...you said you've never been to a race!" Lando exclaimed. "Yet you work and virtually race for a Formula 1 team. It just seems like a missed opportunity...not to mention, you'd actually be allowed to see me—"

"So you miss me?" Mira added. "But you have barely met me. We have known each other for a month."

Her bluntness wasn't new to Lando but in that context, he had to remind himself that she wasn't intentionally being harsh.

"I know," Lando replied. "I know but I just think it would be cool. And maybe I do what you there, you're cool! And George, Charles and Alex like you too. Robyn won't be around particularly and we can keep anyone you don't really know away."

"It just seems like a lot of effort for some random person you've been gaming with," Mira whispered.

"We're friends, aren't we?"

The questions daughter her off-guard and Mira began to fidget slightly as she looked at the ceiling. She didn't like the fact it was being put on her to decide whether they were friends or not. Mira got along with everyone if she spent time with them, she didn't get people asking if they were friends or not.

"Yes?"

"You can say it confidently," Lando smiled. "Listen, just speak to Esme about it. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Carlos is super nice, you'll like him," Lando continued persuading her. "Come on, Mira, have some fun in your life!"

"Maybe it's not fun for me," Mira argued, crossing her arms.

"Come on," Lando whined. "I'll even drive you and Esme there. Or you can drive if you prefer..."

"You surely wouldn't trust me driving you! You'd totally be a passenger driver!"

"No I'm not, promise!"

Mira bit her lip.

"We should." Esme's voice echoed as she stood at Mira's door,"What? I overheard you. You have your phone turned up really loud."

"Esme, plead my case!" Lando called from the phone.

"Why not, Mira?" Esme shrugged. "We can even make it a PR event so you get paid, which you can't exactly complain about. You can drive us, you've driven further than Silverstone before and it'll be fun."

Mira went to speak but Esme cut her off.

"As for your sensory issues," She continued. "You can take your headphones, no one will judge you there. We'll make sure to dress you so the lanyard isn't directly against your skin and I'm sure someone in the paddock has toast for you to eat."

Mira didn't appreciate Esme forcing her to go to Silverstone in August but she did so anyway. She knew that she would regret it the moment she got into the car next month but there wasn't much she could do about it now. Mira didn't break promises.

"Loki isn't happy about this," Mira concluded, hugging the cat close to her chest. "He has attachment issues."

"You leave him for like the whole day for five days a week in November and December—"

"Esme, I swear, say one more thing and I'm throwing my least favourite pillow at you."