ƬНƩ МɅFlɅ

By Nicholas, Jonny, Jamie, and Sneha

Sep 4, 2014:

"I'm in," whispered Nix through his intercom.

"Great, I'm hacking into the cameras now," said Oli-boy. Nix walked discreetly across the cold stone bank floor.

"The vault is located on the second floor behind the staircase. It's protected by three heavily armed guards and two police. The only way in is the ceiling," informed Oli-boy. "The vault is exactly 10 meters away from you. You're right on top of it."

Nix tiptoed to the closest wall.

"How are the cameras coming along?" asked Nix.

"Give me a minute... ok, I'm in," said Oli-boy. Nix put some C4 on the floor. *BOOM*. A hole emerged from the smoke. Nix jumped in. He looked around and saw hundreds of safes and lockboxes stacked neatly on the shelves. He set off looking for the "O" section

"Looks like the guards have noticed you. They set off the alarms," Oli-boy's voice was starting to shake. Nix heard it now. The dreadful scream of sirens, slightly silenced by the thick metal walls. BRRRRR BRRRRR BRRRRR. Nix knew what he was supposed to do. "Stick to the plan. Don't panic," he told himself. The footsteps outside the door grew louder.

"Can you buy me some time!'' Nix yelled into the mic, feeling his heart pounding in his chest.

"Well sorry, I'm not used to this kind of pressure. Oh, yea. Um, there is a glock hidden in your shoe,'' said Oli-boy.

"Well, that would have been nice to know earlier," said Nix, annoyed. He heard pounding as guards tried to open the heavy metal door. Nix pulled out the gun and held it ready. *CRASH* the door fell. He saw at least five guards pouring in and surrounding him. He shot at one of them and hit him in the leg. He groaned in pain and fell to the floor. Nix aimed at another one but his gun was thrown out of his hand. He felt his feet leave the floor. With a bang, Nix's head hit the metal wall. A burning pain erupted in his forehead, then everything went black and cold.

2 Years Later:

July 7, 2016:

Nix was driving in his Chevy Corvette convertible on a highway in Carson City, Nevada, in the middle of the night. He looked through his side mirror and saw the wonderful spectrum of stars on the dark horizon. His long curly hair was billowing behind him in the wind making the warm night air seem refreshingly cool. It was getting to be summer and Nix couldn't help dreading the intense increase in heat. There had already been three wildfires and no rain for weeks now.

Suddenly Nix's eyes closed and the car pulled over. He heard the blare of horns in the distance. Nix's eyelids slowly slid open and he looked around him. A dark corridor opened up to him with FBI agents standing right next to him, seeming oblivious to his presence. At the end of the hallway was a man in his thirties with a pistol, occasionally looking around the cover and shooting at the FBI. One of the FBI agents peaked into the corridor and was shot dead. It was then that Nix realized he couldn't move.

All of a sudden his eyes closed then were forced open. He was in a white room on a hospital bed. The light blinded him for the first few seconds of lying there motionless. His eyes focused on a large black instrument with several buttons and switches. He followed the large tube connected to the strange object and found it leading to his head. His thoughts lingered there for a moment before returning to the present.

Nix woke up to find himself lying next to his car that had pulled over the previous night. He'd been having dreams about this lately. His mind would get overloaded with crazy thoughts. Nix blacked out seconds later.