Prologue

The lights are dim, and the room suddenly turned cold, my bed is suddenly uncomfortable and the sound of the medical devices is starting to get noisier. Trying to piece together what is happening around me, a sense of dread and confusion fills me. I notice a red chair in the corner of the room, and as I approach it, I see a woman sleeping on it. As I get closer, I realize with a start that it is my girlfriend.

I am filled with a sense of unease as I try to recall what led me to this strange place. Suddenly, I remember nothing. It's as if a part of my life has been erased, and I am left with a blank slate.

As I begin to panic, my girlfriend wakes up and holds me close, providing a much-needed anchor in this sea of uncertainty. She tells me that I have been in a coma for two weeks, and my blood sugar levels had dropped dangerously low.

Trying to make sense of the situation, a sense of foreboding fills me. What had led me to this point? What had I been doing when everything went dark? The answers seem to elude me, and I am left with a growing sense of unease.

I was probably drowned in my sea of thoughts again, but this time I sank really deep. The darkness that consumed me was unfathomable, and the waves that crashed against me were relentless. Every attempt

to surface only seemed to pull me further down into the abyss. It was in this endless expanse that I found myself adrift, struggling to find a way back to the light.

As I reflect on my past, I can't help but wonder where I went wrong. Of course, I messed up at some point, but when exactly did it happen? That is the question that constantly echoes in my mind, haunting me like a distant memory.

To find the answer, I take myself back to a time when things were different. A time when life was simpler, and my worries were few. It was a time when I was young, naive, and full of hope for the future.
I was just fourteen years old then, a boy with big dreams and even bigger ambitions. I had just started high school, and I was eager to prove myself. With good grades and a supportive family, I felt like the world was my oyster. "This is going to be amazing," I remember thinking to myself.