Chapter One. First time for everything

Christmas 1313

Bernard was sound asleep, when his bedroom door was ripped opened, followed by footsteps that belong to a girl who looked about eight-years-old. "Bernie!" she called jumping onto his bed. "Wake up!" he opened his eyes and glared at her. "Whyyyy?" he groaned sleepily trying to pull the covers back over his head, but couldn't because the girl was sitting on them. She stared down at him, with her dark brown eyes that matched his. "What do you mean why, did you forget?!!" she couldn't believe that he would forget what day it was. "I guess...." She rolled her eyes. "It's Christmas morning! Which means....?" She hoped that he would remember now. Bernard's eyes widen. "Santa!!" he yelled. The girl smiled then got off the bed.

The 8-year-old girl and the 11-year-old boy ran through the halls, hand in hand. "Hold on!" a woman called making the children come to a stop, they turned to her; she had red hair pulled into a bun, she wore a red dress with white fur around the caller. She was holding a trey of cookies and a glass of milk. "Someone forgot to put Santa's milk and cookies out." The woman whose name was Jessica said. "Poinsettia!" Bernard turned to the girl next to him. "It' wasn't me! It was-" "Children!" they turned back to her. "It's Christmas, so no fighting." "Yes Mother." They said together, their mother smiled. Then led her children to the living room, where she set the cookies and milk down on a little table, next to the beautiful decorated Christmas tree and a fireplace that looked like Santa's head.

The sound of jingle bells echoed in the house. "He's here!" the children excitedly cried then ran out of the room, with their mother close behind.

Santa just got out of his sleigh and was talking to the head elf, when footsteps entered the room. "Father!" Poinsettia called running up to him, he turned with a smile. "Welcome home!" she hugged him. "Good to see you too, Poinsettia." Santa hugged her back, just as Bernard joined into the hug. Mrs. Claus walked over and gave her husband a kiss. "Bernard." He turned and looked down at her. "Mommy is kissing Santa Claus." Poinsettia giggled. He rolled his eyes, but smiled. "How was your night, Dear?" "Good. Everyone got exactly what they asked for." The elves cheered, when they heard that, then went back to work.

While Santa, Jessica, and their children went to the living room, along with Santa's family. Tante Kringle and his cousins, Dingle, Wingle, Zingle, Jingle and Mingle. They adopted him when he was a baby.

Santa told his kids about his night, they listened closely and smiled. "You have the coolest job ever!" Poinsettia said once he finished speaking, he chuckled and smiled at them. "Oh, I almost forgot!" he reached into his bag and pulled out two gifts, handed one to Bernard and the other to Poinsettia, they opened them. she stared at hers confused, then looked at her brother's gift. Which was a dark green beret, with a gold pin that had two red and green ribbons coming off of the pin, it was on the right of the Beret. "A hammer?" she looked up at her father. "Why did you give me a hat?" Bernard asked looking up. "Well first off it's a Beret, and secondly I thought that you could wear it while you and your sister work in the shop." Santa said. "you're both old enough." Bernard and Poinsettia looked at each other, they never thought about that, or really wanted that. "But I want to be Santa, like you father." Bernard said turning back to his father. "And I want to be head elf!" his sister chimed in. Santa and Jessica looked at each other for a minute, they smiled.