Part 1-Prolude-sophie

I was at school when I got the news. My parents and little sister had gotten into a car crash, I was in the middle of taking a huge test, a test technically for 12 grade even though I was only a Freshman, my parents had pulled my sister out of school, to go shopping for our upcoming vacation during winter break. They were all dead by the time any ambulances got to the crash. I finished my test not even finishing, even though I had never not finished a test.

When I got called to the office after the test I somehow knew what was happening. Bad thing about having about a 200 IQ, and a photographic memory, was I knew what was going to happen usually before it actually did happen.  ACS was their to pick me up and place me in an emergency foster home for the night, I had no other family or I would be placed with them. One of the social workers drove me to my house, or what was my house, and helped me pick up clothes and whatever else I would need. I grabbed the necessities, toothbrush, hairbrush, clothes, and of course Ella, My blue elephant with a Hawaiian shirt on.

It took about 3 hours to get to the foster families house. It was explained to that they worked at a animal rehibition facility that they owned, and were quite rich, and a bit famous. They had a daughter that died about 5 years ago, she was my age when she died.

As we pulled up, I noticed how huge the house was, though compared to the neighbors, the house was modest, to oneside, there was a house at least 8 stories tall, and on the other side was a huge mansion backed up to woods. I got my stuff and walked up to the door with the social worker. A beautiful woman with amber hair, and blue eyes answered along with a man who looked like a cross between James Bond and Robin hood with blond hair and a similar darker shade of blue eyes. The woman who was called Edaline, pulled me into a hug, a very tight hug. Suddenly the man, Grady, laughed, "Eda, you might want to let her breath sometime." As Edaline let go, I also laughed even though I wasn't really in the mood, "Your right, it is nice to breath again." Both of my new parents laughed with me. The social worker said her good byes and left. It got sort of awkward. 

Edaline softly said, "Sophie, why don't you let Grady take your things up to your room, and I can take you on a quick tour? After the tour I can make dinner, and I actually just made mallowmelt." (A/N: It's sad that my computer auto corrected Mallowmelt) I looked at Edaline confused. She gasped and faked looked mortified, while Grady asked disbelievingly, "You've never heard of Mallowmelt?" I shook my head, "Well we need to change that." Grady said.

Grady picked up my stuff and went up a stair case. 

(A/N I finally figured out how to do this, and I'm so happy)

As Edaline showed me around I realized How easily my mind began to remember the layout, and somehow, even though I had been there less than 15 minutes, I felt so safe, and welcomed. suddenly Edaline whistled, and a black-lab German Shepard mix came running, "This is Verdi, she's the family dog, just so you know. Also is it okay if she sleeps with you some nights?" I nodded yes.