IX.

———————————————————————

Life update, it's been a week since Malfoy and I hung out. We haven't spoken to each other, nor even seen each other. The last time we saw each other was on December 5th, that night where we had the argument. It is now December 14th. Winter break is two weeks away.

Hermione and I were on our way to breakfast in the Great Hall. I told her and Ginny what happened, they were not happy with him. In fact, Hermione was furious as usual.

Hermione was filling me in on Harry's "new obsession" about the Half-Blood Prince.

"He practically sleeps with it, it's honestly ridiculous." Hermione huffed out. "Jeez, and I thought we were obsessed with books." I chuckled, making Hermione laugh.

The two of us entered the Great Hall, Hermione sat next to Ron and I sat next to Harry who was across from Ron. I'll face it. It was nice being around my friends again. Not saying I full on left them for Malfoy, just sometimes I had to make excuses to leave them and only Ginny and Hermione knew why.

"So anything?" Hermione asked Harry, placing food on her plate. "No, nothing yet." He responded. "Blimey Harry, give it a rest, it's already December!" Ron exclaimed, shoving food in his mouth.

It was hard to understand what Ron says half the time when we're eating. He's always talking with food in his mouth.

Hermione gave him a disgusted look. "Eat with your mouth closed Ronald." She whispered to him, Ron made a face to her.

Eva let out a small chuckle, turning her attention to Harry. "So, you're really obsessed with that book huh?" I said sarcastically, putting more food on my plate. Harry let out a soft chuckle, "I'm not, it's just I can't get it out my head."

I hummed in response, "And besides whoever this Half-Blood Prince is, they're smart." I raised a brow at Harry. "How smart?" I asked.

Harry opened the book, showing it to me. Our shoulders touched and our heads were close. I watched where Harry's fingers were leading.

Holy shit he's right. This Half-Blood Prince dude is smart.

"Oi look who decided to come for breakfast for once." Ron said. Harry and I both looked up to see Draco Malfoy walk in the Great Hall, sitting next to Blaise.

I don't know why I almost seemed shocked. I haven't seen him since last week. Or maybe because I just pretended he wasn't there. I like the second option better.

Harry's jaw tensed. I noticed something different with Malfoy, he looked tired. Looks like he hasn't slept. Hermione looked at Malfoy and then at me. She noticed I was staring at him. Hermione kicked my leg under the table.

I shook my head, turning back to Harry. "You still think he's one of them don't you?" I asked. "Yeah..I just haven't thought about it until now. Been distracted." Harry said, raising the book up.

I hummed in response, she turned to look at Hermione as she shrugged her shoulders. "Blimey! I've never seen Malfoy this depressed!" Ron exclaimed.

Hate to say Ron was actually right this time. I've never seen Malfoy look, I don't know depressed almost. Was it because of that night?