Spray Painted Bananas_emilybenet

Title: Spray Painted Bananas

Username: emilybenet

Genre: ChickLit & Humor

Rating: PG13

Summary:

'Spray Painted Bananas' is a romantic comedy about Amber, a broke temp working in a catering firm in London, who after one too many evenings scrounging free wine from wacky art gallery openings with her best friend Farrell, decides there’s no reason she can’t become a conceptual artist herself. A chance meeting with the wealthy, young art curator, Elliott Frinton-Smith, sets things off in a desirable direction. Now all Amber needs is a brilliant idea to grab the attention of the nation. Spray Painted Bananas explores love and ambition with the touch of the absurd and plenty of bananas.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 33/33 (completed)

Other Works I’ve Read: None, but I would.

MY REVIEW:

So I use to be solely a Wattpad reader (started writing my first stories just this year), and I had a habit of scrolling through the ‘humor’ category every couple days.

The cover of this book…a spray painted banana made me chuckle (as did the title). I absolutely love books that have me giggling to myself or laughing like an idiot in public. Out of all the books I have read on Wattpad labeled as ‘humor’, this would by my favorite. In fact, this book would be in my top five Wattpad books.

The summary mentions that this book explores a “touch of the absurd” and that is exactly what it does. It follows Amber (M.C), a broke temp who is tired of the way her life is going…until the day she finds a sack of bananas (no spoilers!).

Amber is a little strange, and her journey to become a conceptual artist is...slightly ridiculous. All her ‘friends’ just add to the absurdity of it all.

Elliott Frinton-Smith (a young art curator), adds some intrigue to the story...he definitely keeps the reader guessing until the end. He shows up to help Amber with the process of becoming an artist, but it doesn't always go as planned. Then there is Farrell (the best-friend), who is super sweet and usually egging Amber on…and finally one of my favorites would be Egg (the roommate).

Oh Egg, he is just so socially awkward and odd…it’s great.  

The story is listed as a romance, and there is a lot of that going on in-between all the bananas. I don't mind romance (unless that is all there is in a story), but there was a lot more to this story, and that's what I really appreciated.  

Amber starts off feeling that because she has no money and isn't famous...that she isn't important enough. The story pokes fun at all the crazy things that people tend to do for fame.

In Amber's case, she learns that the important thing is to do something you're really passionate about...or else none of it is worth it.

This is truly a lighthearted book and it was a joy to read.  

Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Author's Note- 

Check out emilybenet's interview!

Check out Emily's blog:

www.emilybenet.com