Part 1

Ivypool's heart pounded in her chest as she followed her clanmates onto the tree bridge that led to the gathering island. All of them knew what this remarkable occasion was, and yet none of them knew how to put it into words.

Twenty years since...

Ivypool thought of their famous leader Firestar. He had brought all clans through trouble after trouble, and created more harmony in the forest then the clans had ever experienced. Today marked exactly twenty years since the flame-coloured legend had reached the forest.

Ivypool's paws skimmed over the ground, and she felt lighter than she ever had in years. As though she was just a kit, Ivypool leaped off the tree and onto the gathering island.

"Are you excited?"

Ivypool turned to see Brightheart padding up to her. The ginger and white she-cat's blue eye shone. "Firestar has given so much to the forest," Brightheart smiled with affection towards the deceased warrior.

Ivypool watched as her clanmates began to mingle with other clans. They all seemed so comfortable around the other clans. She turned back to Brightheart with an awe filled expression.

"This is about even more than just Firestar," she whispered in awe. "It's twenty years since the clans truly evolved from more than just scrappy ferals. It's twenty years since we first found what it truly means to be a warrior."