.cha thirteen

IT HAD BEEN TWO days since the party

  IT HAD BEEN TWO days since the party. Two days since she had seen Robby, and two days since she had gotten that silent voicemail.

  She had tried to call the number back at first but it turned out to be an unknown number. She knows she's not supposed to call back people she didn't know but something about it made her feel like she was missing out on something.

  Maybe it was Robby?

  But why hasn't he called her back? Was he in even more trouble or was he just in hiding right now?

  As the days went by she became more and more worried. It had become obvious that Robby was avoiding her. Her only question was why.

۪۪۫۫

  "—where what can only be described as an all-out karate riot—" was heard as the news played in the background of Charlie's home while she tried to focus on her homework. She had blocked most of the news reports out but tuned in when she heard Moon.

  When the TV suddenly turned off, it surprised her, and she turned to see her mom was the one who did it.

  "Hey! I was watching that," no she wasn't.

  "No, you weren't," her mom said as she crossed her arms and added, "Besides watching this will only bring you more headaches."

  "Just—just put it back on."

  "Okay," her mom turned the TV back on, then raised her hands as she backed out of the room, "It's not my fault if you see something you don't like."

  Charlie rolled her eyes and sat on the sofa, "Police are still looking for RobbyKeene, who ran away after kicking fellow student Miguel Diaz off a second-floor bal—"

  She should have listened to her mother.

۪۪۫۫

  Walking up the school steps feels like an eternity. The staff tries to make students keep an organized line as the students entering the school are being checked by security. When it becomes her turn she hears Macy calling out to her from the right side of the hall.

  Charlie looks up from the security guard who was going through her feminine care bag, she accidentally makes eye contact with the boy standing next to Hawk, he was making a weird face/smirk towards her and the girls behind her.

  She walked the opposite way of the girls behind but still heard half of what Hawk told them. She hid her laughter after hearing what one of the girls responded with.

  "So," Macy drawled out as she hooked her arm with Charlie's, "How was your weekend? I mean, besides the days we didn't spend together."

  "It was fine." Charlie didn't want to burden the other girl. For the past five days, Charlie had been trying to find clues to what happened to Robby. Every corner, every idea came up a dead end.