Playing with Time

James Sirius Potter POV

It's June 15, 2023 and I just got home from Hogwarts for summer break. However, it's not summer break. Guess why, because I actually fucking graduated. Surprisingly I didn't get held back.

Anyways, I have a surprise for Fred. He's gonna love it. He's gonna murder me. Fred may not personally kill me but I am sure his girlfriend would. I definitely did not get this surprise from my dad's office. Fred will get his surprise tonight since we have a party thingy. Our parents go to the Burrow, while us children go to 12 Grimmauld Place. Why our parents trust us when our only adult supervision is Teddy and Vic, I don't know. Well technically a lot of us are adults, but there are only a few mature ones that would actually be responsible for others.

"James! Come down here, the guests are here!" shouted my mom.

"Coming!" I shouted back. Time to go downstairs.

***

It has been an hour or two since I went downstairs and it was time to show Fred my surprise. We were sitting on the couch. Fred was sitting in the middle. He was 6'1 ( I'm jealous) with curly brown hair, brawny, if you don't know him he looks like he would beat your ass. He's a cool guy. On Fred's other side was his girlfriend. Amanda Zabini. About 5'6, dark brown hair, and fierce blue eyes. She was every guy's dream girl: smart, pretty, ambitious, and little bit of a trouble. Apparently I wasn't every guy.

Sitting across from us was Louis, Roxanne, and Alice. Louis was an average height blond and lanky. Rox has lighter brown hair with pink tips and soft curls. Just as tall as Fred, her twin brother. She also looks like she would beat your ass, and she would. Alice, my ex-girlfriend, is 5'3 with dark auburn hair. I have no idea why she would ever date a guy like me.

"So do you people want to see my treasure from my dad's office?" I asked my group of friends.

"As long as it doesn't kill us." Amanda sassed.

I pulled out a time turner and laid it in my palm. It was a gold necklace with three circles around an hourglass. Yes, my surprise is a time turner.

"You're insane." Fred said in a hushed tone. "James, that is a time turner."

"Yeah," I tossed the time turner in the air and caught it. "I know."

"James, why are you throwing a necklace in the air?" Teddy queried.

"No reason." I responded quickly and put the time turner behind my back.

"Can I see the necklace?" Teddy asked and took a few steps toward me.

I stood up and shook my head. "I do not have to show you anything."

"Why do you have a time turner, James?" Rose questioned.

Goddamnit, why did I stand up? I forgot there were people behind me.

"James, give me the time turner." Victoire demanded. I didn't move.

"That thing is dangerous, James, hand it over." Ordered Teddy.

Fuck, they had me cornered. If I jump over the couch, game over. My only choice is to throw the time turner. Somehow Fred and Amanda ended up by the door. Good, now if I could get their attention it would be perfect. I looked at Fred, he stayed looking at his phone. Amanda was staring at me like everyone else, but she wasn't staring at the time turner. She was looking me dead in the eyes. She waved her hand right next to her waist so no one could see. I threw the time turner.

Amanda caught it, thank the Lord. She ran out the door, and everyone followed. She ran upstairs, which I found weird because she was in five-inch heels. Amanda went into Lily's room and Fred followed her. He slammed the door behind them. Vic used Alohomora and Teddy tried to open the door, but it didn't budge. Neither Teddy or Vic tried again.

Fred pulled the door open from the inside. The window was open and Amanda was holding the time turner out it. "You want it?" she shouted at Teddy. "Go fetch." She tossed the time turner into the backyard.

"Please tell me you did not just chuck the time turner out the window." I said after everyone other than the six of us went to go look for the time turner.

"I didn't." Amanda stated and pulled the time turner out of her pocket.

"Then what went out the window?" Alice questioned.

"Lily's fake time turner necklace." Fred answered.

"Brilliant." Rox commented, amazed.

"Here." Amanda said and handed me the time turner.

"What do we-" I cut off by Vic.

"James Sirius Potter!" Vic yelled as loud as she could.

"You got any more tricks up your sleeve?" I asked Amanda.

"Yeah I got one, run!" Amanda called out. We all went in different directions, I went upstairs. Of course Vic and Teddy followed me. Once I got to the top floor railing I looked down. I saw Fred on the bottom floor, and dropped the time turner. Fred barely caught it.

"Get better at dropping things!" Fred shouted at me then ran towards the kitchen.

I forgot Teddy was behind until he started talking. "Why are you guys so difficult?"

"Um, I don't really know but if you want the time turner you better get going." I said and Teddy, Vic, and myself ran down the stairs. Once we got downstairs I saw that Fred had been cornered by almost everyone.

"Fred!" I yelled at him to get his attention, that probably wasn't the best idea. He looked. Then he chucked a time turner at me. I was not expecting that, I still caught it though.

"James, give me the time turner!" Teddy shouted as loud as he could in my ear. I jumped and dropped the time turner, it shattered. Vic started yelling something that sounded like my name but was cut off because we were getting sent back in time in some sort of a tornado.