Departing to Mumbai

*Vaishnavi's POV*

I woke up with an immense headache. I yawned and my cheeks were stretching as if dried. Then I remembered that I slept while crying and I looked at my phone, it was already dead. Maybe I was crying listening to the songs themselves. I can't believe it. 

What the hell? Did I sleep wearing AirPods all this time? Did I break my dear babies? 

I looked all over the bed and found them on the untouched part of the bed. Then I went to the bathroom to do my morning routine and changed. I was in the shower when I heard my brother's lazy voice as if he had just woken up. He was still there as I could hear him saying something but it was not clear as the water was way louder than his voice. 

After 5 minutes or so I came out and saw Rohan sleeping on the couch in a sitting posture. His hands were under his chin and finger interwrilled, head held low and body relaxed. God! My addiction to novels. Ughh!

I need to wake him up. I softly patted his shoulder. No response. Maybe he is in a little deep sleep. I called his name slowly, but again no response. Now, he is definitely in deep sleep. 

This time I shook him a little and he just hummed. A little success. But this time I shook him harder and he got up in shock a took a defensive position. Back facing me. I laughed and he turned around to glare at me. And that's when I saw his eye bags. Did he sleep late at night?

"Did you do that on purpose?" He asked in an irritated tone. Okay, he didn't sleep well.

"No. I thought that you need to wake up now. I tried to wake you up by slightly patting and calling your name you didn't reply so I thought to shake you." I honestly replied to which he calmed down but he looked tired.

"Were you awake till late?" I asked even when I knew the answer.

"Yup. And now I will not spare Deepansh Bhayia." He was looking determined. Okay, his choice.

"Why were you here?" I asked the question I was supposed to.

"Oh, Yes. Mom told me that your room just got fully vacuum-cleaned and sanitised. And mine is getting now. Umm, you know how huge rooms are there in this palace. So, ummm....  -" Icuthim off and said, "You want to sleep here right?" And he just nodded. 

"So, what are you waiting for the whole chamber is yours. I am going to the dining hall to do breakfast. No one will disturb you. Sleep well." I left after saying that. And the thought of cleaning the bed, he will have to do that now. *chuckles*

I was again passing so many corridors and stairs to go to the dining room which was on the ground floor. And my chamber is on the second floor. I don't even need to do extra exercise up and down stairs and pass the halls, passages and gardens to do work like I have taken a membership at a gym.

Finally, after the usual 15-minute walk I reached there and what I saw got me in awe, adoration, and awkwardness to stand there. Mom was working and Daddy was back hugging her saying romantic talks. And here I am the moment spoiler. And ACTION! *Throat clearing* I looked at them by the edge of my eyes. They were standing embarrassed looking everywhere but towards me.

"Umm, breakfast," I said and Dad left from there. But I know he is gonna stand there behind the walls. Still, control of my laugh got out of my hands. And I burst into laughter after seeing them behaving like some teenagers got caught doing romance.

"What?" Mom scolded.

"Just look at your flustered face. You are red like a tomato. Awww. But now my stomach and jaw both are hurting from laughing so hard." I said between laughter while grabbing my stomach with both hands leaning forward. And said the last line while straightening myself and putting both my hands on either cheek.  

Mom and I are best friends but this no. I can't keep calm and burst into laughter again. And I know Daddy is still there behind the wall listening to our talks. He should know how embarrassed he should be. And maybe he is.

I calmed myself and settled down to do breakfast as I was late. It's ten in the morning and the breakfast time is nine. We all were home while Daddy, dada-sa, and chacha-sa went to the office to complete some important work and would return before lunch.

~~~~~

These fifteen days of our shifting went by in a blur making sweet memories, teasings, campings, picnics, selfies, watching movies together and talking about the most boring topic 'boys'. All these are of us, girls. While with others we did sweet talks and some stuff. 

Only two hours are left for me to take every detail in my head before leaving my birthplace. At first, when dada-sa announced our departure I felt nothing and now look at me, I am an emotional mess. I went to my practice chamber where I played instruments and sang. But that too is empty. 

"They are all going with you. Aren't they like your secret keepers?" I heard Pari di say that and saw her at the entrance of the chamber while I was standing in the middle. Her eyes held unshed tears as she tried to hold them back. I walked closer to her and she pulled me in a tight hug and let go of her control. She tried for like 10-15 minutes before letting me go and once again coming back to her bubbly self.

It's hard to leave these people behind just for a scholarship.