Teddy

My body hurt. I'd chased the sunset butterfly for what seemed like hours, but instead of catching it all I'd gotten was exhaustion and hunger. To weak to walk anymore I stumbled, my already tattered fluffy black fur hooked itself onto some brambles. The brambles bit into my flesh and I wined, they left ribbons of blood as I tried to tear myself away. Fighting against my spiky opponent and only achieving more wounds I howled. Then I saw him, he parted the bushes and easily peeled my fur off the thorns and lifted me up from my spiky cage. His bright white hair and gleaming red eyes should have scared me stiff. But strangely I felt calm and collected, even more weird, the day came back at me all at once and I fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up in a bed, it was so soft compared to the what I'd been sleeping on for 11 years. It had been so long since I had sleep on anything but bracken or the hard, cold ground. At first I had howled but when you have been left in a forest you have to learn to live with it. I rolled over it the warm bed and poked my nose under the covers. I dove to the bottom of the bed and back again and amused myself by ripping up the pillows. I shook the pillow up and down, and a white cloud of feathers rained down on my head. I sneezed as a feather settled on my nose, and coughed out a feather I seemed to had eaten at some point.

That's when the door banged open, I yelped and dove under the covers but the strangers hands lifted me up. Then I was looking into deep red eyes. The stranger laughed causing me to jump, he then called me sweet. Sweet!!! I am not sweet. I might be cute and just a bit small, but I'm a deadly killer, it's not my fault that I can't seem to grow. Then I got a whiff of him, wait a second is my nose telling me that this random stranger is a werewolf to?. He smelt of pine and daisies and buttercups, like he'd been lying and bathing in them. What! When does a werewolf smell of flowers, even I didn't go into the trouble of making myself smell like a bouquet.

This weird stranger now wants me to have a bath, I don't know I'm kinda scared of baths. It looks so deep, and I might drown and with all those bubbles it looks like it has rabies. I don't like baths. But the stranger won't take no for an answer. I'm picked up and carried by arms length into a pink and white tiled room. I'm guessing it's the bathroom, I haven't been in one for ages and it makes me remember.

'Mummy I don't like baths and I don't need medicine it tastes yucky' my four year old self yelled. 'Honey you know you're always supposed to take your pills after dinner to help you grow strong and a good scrub will do you good' my mother calmly replied. 'If you don't grow up quickly quit the pack' she added. 'They only beat you up because your weak, the pack doesn't need weaklings' my mother dug her fingers into my scalp and I yelped in pain. 'But mummy you still love me don't you?' I asked, my mother pushed me away. 'Of course I do' she answered in a cold voice. But I know mummy doesn't hate me, I love her lots and lots, and she does to, I think.

Mister stranger plonks me in a pink bath full to the brim with warm water and bubbles. He holds me up to stop me from sinking, I'm starting to like him. As he rubs in shampoo he tells me his name, he's called White and he loves girly, cute and fluffy things. He keeps calling me 'doggie' so he probably doesn't realise I'm supposed to be a werewolf. I sit in the lukewarm water and ponder for a bit, maybe all the time I spent as a wolf had gotten rid of my human scent. That makes me kind of depressed, like I'm losing the last connections with my past. White suddenly picks me up, his stupid hands are way to big so I wriggle about and manage to launch myself off his chest. He lets out a surprised oof and I make a dash for the door. 1 minute later I'm dried and brushed in a dog collar. How embarrassing.

But White seems nice, I'd like to stay here, at least for the moment.