V.

———————————————————————

"So, we followed Malfoy and ended up at Borgin and Burkes," Harry said. Harry was filling me in on what he saw last night with the others at Diagon Alley.

I sucked in my breath, fiddling with my fingers. I really don't want to talk about this. Hermione looked over at me, noticing my fidgeting.

"There were other people there, lots of them. He was invested with this black creepy cabinet." Harry finished.

I blinked and furrowed a brow. "Wait did you say Borgin and Burkes?" I asked, "As in that old antique shop?" "Yeah, I mean it's Draco. He's creepy, probably going shopping." Ron chuckled, responding to me.

Hermione gave him a look, reminding him that this is serious. Ron is never serious most of the time but I think that's how he finds his comfort.

I adore Ron. Known him since I was little.

"But what was Draco doing with that weird-looking cabinet? And who were all those people?" Ron cleared his throat.

"Don't you see? It was a ceremony, an initiation-" "Stop it Harry I know where you're going with this." Hermione said, cutting Harry off before he could finish.

She looked over at me. Why is she looking at me? There's no way she knows. Well to be fair. I was freaking out inside like crazy. My leg was bouncing up and down.

Hermione huffed as she looked back down at her book. "It's happened." Harry said, "He's one of them." Ron furrowed a brow and my anxiety was growing.

"One of what?" Ron and I said at the same time looking at Harry.

Hermione rolled her eyes, closing her book. "Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater."

What. I froze. It was almost like that feeling I had when my mom told me what was going on.

Draco? Draco Mafoy? A Death Eater? No, I refuse. I don't want to be Death Eater and see him. Why do I even care? I ditched him last year.

The three were still talking about last night. Meanwhile I was trying to make an excuse to get out of the carriage.

"I'm going to use the loo." I spoke. I quickly got up p and left.

I started to walk quickly towards the loo. I needed to clear my mind, process. Maybe Harrys wrong. No but he wasn't wrong about Voldemort returning. Okay but this is different. Holy shit. I'm going crazy.

My thoughts were spiraling so much that I didn't even notice I bumped into someone.

Draco. Here we go again.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. My anxiety started to grow again, fidgeting with my fingers again.

Malfoy noticed. Of course he did. He looked me down and back up to my face, where our eyes met with each other.

There were no words, it was just staring. Malfoy could tell I was tensed, stressed, not okay. But he didn't say nothing. Just stared.

"OI! Draco come on man, sit down and stop worrying so much" A familiar voice said behind him.

Blaise Zabini.