#ChapterOneButItsAOneshot

Starring:
ThatOneCandor as c!Karla (they/them)
Rainyjoi2009 as c!Aries (she/her)
& Pine as c!Rowan (they/them)
It's short but I like it <3
(Let me know, Candor, if you want any changes made)
TW: A single swear.

Belladonna snaked up their arms, dandelions sprouting from the nooks in the concrete below. Rowan felt at home, to be surrounded by yew and plants. That familiar burn in their lungs came back as the air around them became thick with poisonous gasses and pollen.

Coughing from somewhere snapped Rowan out of their trance-like state. Karla had come into room 2 with a change of clothes. Rowan immediately scrambled up and their plants receded. "I'm so sorry, I didn't think you'd be back for a few more hours-," Karla cut them off before they could finish. "It's okay, I'm worn out though. Aries is a pain in the ass." Rowan chuckled and helped Karla over to their bed.

Rowan studied Karla; their red hair was fixed into a ponytail and the grey uniform was torn and wrinkled in some places. Karla must have caught Rowan staring because they waved a hand in front of their face. A sly smile made its way on their face. "Enjoy it?" They asked, chuckling. "...I, um..." Rowan felt their cheeks redden as they looked away.

Karla just gave off the sunniest of smiles and laughed. That laugh...so free of worry, it lifted Rowan's spirit to hear it. It brought them out of their daze...their prison. They rested their head on Karla's shoulder. Karla reached their hand up to rub Rowan's head and let out a content breath.

Everything was going to be okay as long as they had each other.
That was all that mattered.