The Sun Don't Shine.

THE LAST OF US

THE LAST OF US.
THE SUN DON'T SHINE..
Joel Miller x Zara Jones &
Multiple OC x OC.

ZARA JONES NO LONGER SEES THE SUN SHINE. It rises, falls, and stills, but never shines. It seems, along with the rest of the world, it has lost its ability to entirely.

  When the world as you know it crumbles before your eyes, what do you? What do you do when everything you've ever known is lost and ruined by a force out of your now bloodied hands? What do you choose when survival and brutality are the normal and humanitarianism is dead? What do you do when all hope is lost? Well, even after all these years, Zara Jones couldn't give you an answer.

  Life is a blur. A whirlwind of numbness and pain and suffering; a vortex of never ending war and despair. Boston, no matter how much safer it is than whatever greater hell lies beyond, is still a hell itself. It is a city full of broken, twisted, and discarded people, people who walk and talk and breath but are never really alive. Instead, they just go through the motions and listen begrudgingly to FEDRA just to keep their heads on their shoulders. To most, it is meaningless, but to Zara, it is much more.

  Unlike many, Zara Jones has somehow kept her heart. Somehow, through the loss and destruction of all she loved, humanity and humility still race through her veins. Somehow, Zara Jones is still alive. She finds her purpose in the two kids she has taken in, Kade and Karson, and in her strained but tolerant friendship with The Fireflies' Boston QZ leader, Marlene. Marlene is a long childhood friend of Zara's, and when she took leadership within The Fireflies, she asked Zara to accompany her. Nevertheless, The Fireflies are a dangerous force to associate with, and Zara is no stranger to that fact. Along with that, their ways of protesting and fighting against the tyranny of FEDRA are more than questionable. So, with that being said, she refused Marlene's offer to directly join them, instead vying for a strained alliance that would allow her and her family safety. Or at least as much safety as the horrific world they lived in could give them.