Part 1

Two years later.

Demi was taking a nap in her bedroom after a long day of work and baby care. Fortunately, the baby was also sleeping, so she took the chance to get some rest. It was almost seven o'clock at night when the sound of her son fussing over the digital baby monitor woke her up. She stretched her body a little and started climbing down the bed. But she came to a halt when she heard a familiar voice on the baby monitor. She shifted her gaze to the bedside table and reached for the baby monitor's tablet. She sat down on the edge of the bed, watching the screen.

"Hey there, are you awake, little guy? Daddy's here." Nick cooed at the baby as he gently lifted him from the crib and placed him against his chest, soothing him with a soft caress on his back. "Are you still sleepy? Do you want Daddy to sing to you?"

Demi couldn't help but smile when she watched the visual on the screen. She loved watching the father-son interaction. Every time she watched them, she couldn't believe she and Nick were now parents to a fourteen-month-old boy. Who would have thought her best friend, whom she had been secretly in love with, was now the father of her son? 

Her eyes momentarily shifted to a photo of her and Nick when they were younger, which was hung on the wall of their shared bedroom. If she had known that life would be this amazing, she wouldn't hesitate to ruin the friendship a long time ago.

Then Nick's voice drew her attention back to the screen

Before I fall too fast
Kiss me quick
But make it last
So I can see how badly this will hurt me
When you say goodbye

Keep it sweet
Keep it slow
Let the future pass and don't let go
But tonight I could fall too soon
Under this beautiful moonlight

But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing
You've got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling
But please don't catch me

As Nick's voice came through the screen, Demi's smile broadened. He was getting better at putting their son to sleep. And the fact that he sang her song to their son to lull him to sleep warmed her heart.

Nick wandered leisurely around the nursery, softly singing Demi's song to his son. The baby stopped fussing and relaxed in his father's arms. "Catch Me is one of your momma's songs that I love. I used to perform this song with her at one of her concerts when we were younger. Your momma is an incredible singer, you know." He spoke softly while smiling, recalling that day. As Demi's friend, he was always amazed by her musical talent and vocal prowess. But as Demi's partner, he was always amazed by her in every way; as a woman, as an entertainer, as a musician, as a mom, and most importantly, as a person.