Sticks and Stones

*** This Chapter is dedicated to CBotzheart for making the such a cool cover! ***

Okay, so this is my fourth story. It's really important to me. If there is one thing in this world that I cannot stand its a bully. I hope this story shows others who are being/have been bullied that they are not alone. I hope it gives someone the courage to stand up for themselves and that anything is possible with true friends!

Enjoy!

***********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1

Sometimes I feel like a loner and other times, when I have any friends I feel different and isolated from the group, like they don’t want me there. But I’m promising myself, here and now that I, the under signed will be more socialised and go out every weekend…

                                                                                                                     Jean Alderson.

I dropped my notepad into the side compartment in the door and watched the scenery fly past my headphones in my ears. The drive was alright, if you blocked out the fact that the country roads dad called “Shortcuts” were pretty bumpy.

Our new house is in a big town in the midlands. It’s a comfy house, and Mum designed it herself: she’s an architect and dad built it as he’s a builder. The place is chaotic; there are boxes everywhere. I haven’t had a chance to step outside yet so my new life hasn’t quite begun but whom am I kidding it probably never will!!

I continue to unpack. Placing everything in my room just the way I want it. It’s like a blank canvas. Once everything is unpacked I stand in the doorway, satisfied with the result. As I go downstairs to dinner I wonder how long I’ll be able to keep everything so organised. After dinner mum gave me fifty euro to buy some new stuff in town.

On my way out I met the girl next door. Her name is Miranda. I think she’s really nice she has opinions of her own and is not afraid to speak them. She told me she’s sixteen. And she has a younger brother, but he’s away at camp (here I could sympathize) She said she’d introduce us when he came back.

‘I have enough with my own little brother’ I said. ‘Don’t go pawning yours off on me!’

‘Oh I think you’ll like Josh everybody loves him, even me if you can imagine! But don’t tell him I said that!’

In town I headed straight to the most fashionable shops. I thought I might find a nice skirt and top for a reasonable price, but clothes are pretty pricey. Eventually I found a nice little shop down a side street. It was having a closing down sale. I got an absolutely gorgeous pair of jeans with little flowers sewn on the back pockets and a string/vest top all for Twenty-five euros! Next I hit the shoe shops. I tried on numerous pairs of shoes all shapes and sizes-eventually I decided on a flat pair of shoes that looked like they belonged to a doll, they were sooo cute…and baby pink! I would definitely look good for my first day at school.  

On the following Monday school started bright and early. I was up with the sun doing my hair and make-up. I wanted to make a good impression.

When I left for school Miranda was waiting for me and there was someone with her.