Dlala ibhola (Play Ball)

Okoye had slowly begun to share her chores with Attuma, rather this was him tending to her garden or going into the Golden City to run errands for her or with her. A solid building of trust that had grown with one another and more in private.

The locals have become more accustomed to Attuma, his straightforward requests, and light pleasantries in Xhousa that he was still learning with the aid of Kimoyo beads. Compliments from Okoye who had convinced Shuri to make one for Attuma. Locals had suspected the former General had taken a liking to Attuma and vice versa. Seeing a smile gracing her lips or her soft laughter heard around him. Those that wanted to voice their ill opinions didn't dare utter them in their presence or those that didn't mind them together. Okoye rarely smiled or had peace, some believed she deserved her peace and would protect it loudly.

The children had been wary at first but slowly began to swarm Attuma by the days he visited in town, after witnessing he was willing to join a kickball game because Okoye asked him to join her. But soon found himself enjoying it with the children and Okoye. Young children that stood no higher than his thighs hurried behind him. Circling him as he carried two large woven baskets on his shoulders, both filled to the brim with various items Okoye had requested.

"Attuna! Attuna, would you be able to play with us today pwease?" A little girl chimed while she strained her neck to look up at him while following. She beamed at him, flashing her dimples while batting her big brown eyes for she hoped he would fall for her puppy eyes again like yesterday. Her coily jet-black hair was pulled into two puffs, stray hairs sticking to her temple due to the heat.

A young boy who sported a braided mohawk nudged the girl with a huff. "His name is A-TTU-MA, dummy. Its not Attuna. He's not a fish well-err..! " the boy glanced at Attuma uncertainty showing on his face before looking at the girl once more. "Anyway! Can't you see he's busy!" He said mildly scolding the girl who only puffed her cheeks out in response.

"Attuna. That's what I said."

"You dummy!"

"I am not a dummy!" The girl countered before a pushing match began between them and soon enough a chase. The other kids asked for Okoye while others flexed their muscles making their goal to be as strong as Attuma or strong as Okoye. Or both of them.

Attuma felt his right eye twitch even as he slowed, the children slowed and if he stopped they stopped as well. Patience. This is what Chacc had granted him and he used it well. Surface children were very similar to Talokan children except chasing was done while swimming. And sometimes he saw mussels used like rocks to be thrown at one another in Talokan. And in Talokan, the children were still wary of him due to him being the General. Here in the Golden city, children used rocks. Muds and shoes. Anything they can get their hands on really. To Attuma the Golden city children were clever little sea otter pups.

"Attuna! Help me! Eni is being mean to me!" the little girl whined while still running before she tripped.

"You're so annoying, Ranil!" the boy moved to kick dirt at her but only stopped to point at her and laugh. Attuma tilted his head at the two but grunted as he frowned, only moving to shift the woven baskets close to his chest before slowly lowering them to the ground. Careful not to spill any of the items. The children scattered some giving him room as he kneeled, "Paalalo'ob." Attuma said loud enough to get all of their attention. His Kimoyo beads glowed softly before saying the word children in xhousa out loud.

"Cálmense. Ma'alobech, Ranil?" (Calm yourselves. Are you well, Ranil?")

Attuma reached to help Ranil up, her small brown hand looked fragile and tinier than usual compared to his large bluish hand. Attuma shook his head at Eni, "You two are siblings. Learn from one another and help one another." he said, gesturing to them both. The gentle scolding worked as Eni gently began to wipe the dirt off Ranil's pants and top while muttering an apology that his kimoyo beads barely picked up. "Now, If I agree to a short match of Kickball will that settle all of you?" he questioned. His beads could barely get out his question in Xhousa before all the children were jumping and cheering.