Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"No," I shook my head, "She is not dead. Katherine cannot be dead. I need to see her."

Sam immediately stopped me.

"I need to see her!" I cried, "She's not dead! You are lying!"

"We are sorry," Mother said, "We loved them like they were family. They were our family."

"Who killed them?"

"The witches; the witches have formed an alliance with the humans. That is all we know so far."

I shook my head again, "I do not know how this could have happened. Bonnie and Katherine were witches. Why would their own people come after them?"

"Bonnie has been separated from the witches for quite some time now," Mother said. "We never wanted to worry you about the details, but they were against Bonnie's beliefs."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"They did not approve of Bonnie's beliefs to stand by the Tigmas. They are against our kind and they are against the Tigmas using magic of any kind. We needed the magic though, that is what they do not understand, we needed the magic and we needed her help."

"But the witches did not want her to help us?"

Father shook his head, "The entire Salem family became a target when Bonnie agreed to help us."

"Then why did she help us?"

Mother sighed, "She helped us because she believes in our people. She believes in a united people. Bonnie and I have known each other a long time and we were friends. When your father and I created magic somehow we did not know what was happening or how to control it. Bonnie volunteered to help us and she helped us ever since. She knew we were good people and she knew we always wanted the best for our people and the world. That is why she helped us. She knew it was a risk, but she took it anyway."

"And they killed her for it? That was Bonnie though, why kill both of them?"

"Katherine was helping her mother with our spells. Katherine and Bonnie strayed from the rest of the Salem family and the rest of the witches. As Katherine grew Bonnie told her of the dangers that she would be going through by helping, but she agreed also. The soul mate spell, the Samoulte spells, and all those other Tigma spells.... They were dangerous. Once the witches found out they went on the war path. They think it gives us too much power and they want to destroy us. They started with the two people who created the spell."

I sighed, "I cannot believe they are gone."

"We did not want to interrupt the celebration, but we need to deal with this," Father said.

I nodded, "We understand. The celebration needs to be cancelled so you can handle the fighting before it gets out of control."

"We also know that you wanted to travel," Mother added, "But it would be too dangerous to travel in these conditions."

"We truly understand," I told them, "and we will not go. We do not want to cause any more trouble. Besides, I cannot leave after finding out my best friend has been killed. We must arrange a service for them."

"It is being arranged immediately. For now you two need to go to your new married chambers. Everything has been arranged. Nobody will interrupt you. Take what break and what vacation you can right from this castle. You two deserve it."

"Thank you."

                Father and mother left the room to return to the room they do all of their business work in. Katherine is dead. Oh my God. Her spell. I wonder if she finished her spell. If she is dead that means I have hundreds of years maybe longer to find Katherine's descendant. I must stop her from doing that spell. That is why she did the spell now. Bonnie told her how dangerous doing magic for us was so Katherine wanted to find a solution to her mortality before she was killed. This whole time she knew there was a chance she would die. She planned all of it.