Chapter Two Lucerys claim to Driftmark

14 years old Lucerys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Rhaenys sits on the Driftwood throne in as Baela stands next to her.]

Princess Rhaenys: It's been near six years since I last saw my lord husband, Maester. I must know... will he live?

Maester Kelvyn: He led his sailors into an ambush. A ship made to look as if it were abandoned. In the fighting, his neck was slashed by a corsair's dagger. He fell overboard into the sea. The wound was severe. Much blood was lost. But the greater concern is the fever that followed. The ship's maester said he burns from within.

"So he lives," asked Aemon confused.

"I don't know that wasn't a clear answer to me," answered Wanda.

"Yes he will live," answered Baela.

[The seabirds calling. Rhaenys and Baela look at each other.]

Rhaenys: The ravens came in from?

Kelvyn: Evenfall, Princess.

Rhaenys: So they arrive in three days. Let all be made ready to receive him, Maester Kelvyn.

[Maester Kelvyn walks away.]

Baela: The Sea Snake is strong.

Vaemond Velaryon: No doubt. And yet, I have seen blood fever overcome men half his age.

Rhaenys: I will not suffer the talk of crows in my house, Vaemond.

Vaemond: I love my brother... but we must be honest with ourselves. We may greet his ship to find him gone. And who will take the Driftwood Throne?

"Not you," said Baela glaring at the screen.

"It belongs to my sister, Lucerys and no one else,'' said Joffrey.

Baela: My grandmother seems quite comfortable here.

Vaemond: She presides only in the absence of her husband. On his death, the seat passes.

Rhaenys: To Lucerys Velaryon. As is my lord husband's desire.

Vaemond: I am the Sea Snake's own blood, the closest kin he has left.

Rhaenys: Be careful, good-brother. One could take your words for treason.

Veamond: I speak the truth, Rhaenys. And you know it.

Rhaenys: The matter has been decided.

Vaemond: By a man whose ambition has brought down on us calamity after calamity. My brother cares only for the history books. But what of the Velaryon line? Is it to be snuffed out, supplanted by the pups of House Strong? Driftmark is mine by all rights. And while I should like your support, I do not... need it. The winds have shifted. The crown has good reason...to take my side.