Sunday

Really hope you enjoy this story! Italicized parts take place in the past! (Also, the dates of certain things are probably not correct but 🤷🏽‍♀️)

***

"Niall for the love of god, please hurry up." Louis' leg shook against the passenger door of the tinted range rover, courtesy of Liam, who despite being removed from intense and constant stardom for about a year now, couldn't help himself from being obnoxiously boujee. Niall on the other hand was quite the opposite, even when One Direction was at its peak fame, he always preferred the simplest of life; fast food, loose fitting clothes, and the tendency to speak like a drunken irishmen no matter what setting he's in. As if on cue with Louis' stream of thoughts, Niall comes grumbling  down the cement stairs of his flat, his suitcase following unceremoniously behind him.

"A little help would be nice?" He mutters, getting his suitcase down the last step before dropping a half opened bag of doritos from his arms. Louis watches them scatter along the pavement in an array of processed powdered cheesiness and rolls his eyes, because of course, despite the time crunch they're in, Niall has managed to shove hand fulls of crisps in his mouth amidst his packing escapades. "Fucking shit." He curses as he rolls his suitcase over the cracked chips and finally, much to Louis' satisfaction, makes it to the car to load his suitcase.

"Must you bring food everywhere you go?" Louis half chuckles and Niall rolls his eyes, discarding the rest of the bag and closing the trunk.

"I'm a hungry guy okay? Airport food is fucking expensive dude." And Louis cackles at that because only Niall would complain about the prices of airport food while simultaneously having enough money to never work another day in his life.

"Can we please go now? Poor Chives over here has been waiting ages." Louis motions to the driver in the front seat, who despite making a living driving famous or once-famous-still- kinda-famous-but-keeping-it-lowkey-people around, could not look more disinterested in their banter.

"My name is Henry." He deadpans from the front seat and Nialls stifles a laugh before climbing in the back with Louis.

"Sorry about that mate, didn't mean any disrespect." Louis fastens his seat belt and before he can utter anything else that offends their chauffeur, their zooming along the streets of London and Louis is left wondering if he should've just politely made up an excuse as to why he couldn't attend Liam's wedding or if he should just open up the door and jump out now while he has the chance. He doesn't think either would be well received.

***

They arrive at the airport and park alongside a small Jet. Plastered along the side in blue lettering it reads "Paynes Planes." Louis audibly laughs and shoves at Niall's shoulder in hopes he's reading it too.

"Is this for fucking real?" Niall gasps. "The man has his own plane?"

"I believe it's a Jet." Henry mutters in the front.

"Liam was never subtle, was he?" Louis chuckles, opening the door to the range rover and taking an in-person view of the large jet in front of him. His stomach contracts with butterflies, but they're more like the butterflies you get before you have to take a test you know you're gonna fail rather than the ones you get from actually being excited.

"Well, it is the man's wedding." Niall shrugs his shoulders. It's true, Liam was getting married, and Louis shouldn't be surprised at how obnoxiously lavish he was being with the whole event. After all, it is Liam we're talking about, the same man who rented out the entirety of six flags on Louis' 23'rd birthday and forced him to ride roller coasters till he nearly puked. So, he supposes this is better than that. But still, being swept away by a private jet to a two week  long wedding extravaganza in Italy seemed to be a bit much. He wasn't ungrateful, just uneasy really. With One Direction being tossed to the wasteside for just about over a year now, the boys had a lot of time to be with themselves, to heal from the toxic and controlled lives they once lived under management, to be with each other without the constant pressure of being in the direct spotlight, and more importantly, for Louis to suppress and ignore any lingering feelings he didn't address before they went there separate ways, and that's precisely why there was a part of him that dreaded inviting those feelings back in.