Chapter 36

𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚖𝚎

Teegan's POV

" Teegan... " Dr. Wyatt spoke as the door closed behind him, and I sighed.

" Hi, Dr. Wyatt.. " I muttered.

" Your brothers should be leaving soon.. Quite the first impression.. " He remarked, and I gave a sad smile as he continued.

" Are you still upset about them? " He asked, and I shook my head softly.

" Not that much.. "

"Then why the long face.. " He asked, and I sighed. " It's nothing.. it's stupid.. I'll be fine. "

" Firstly.. don't invalidate your feelings, and second.. I'll ask again. Why are you still crying? " He asked, and my bottom lip pouted slightly as I responded semi-truthfully, not exactly sure how to bring up the topic of my 'boyfriend' shooting my brother.

" Recently.. I got a bad score on one of our clinical exams. "

Dr. Wyatt didn't say anything for a moment as he analyzed me. Eventually, he responded. " Bad as in every other student's idea of bad or bad as in Teegan's idea of what a bad grade is? "

" It was a 78%, " I whispered sadly, and he tilted his head.

" So Teegan's idea of bad then, hmmm? " Reluctantly, I found myself nodding, and Dr. Wyatt sighed.

" Do you want to know why I was so hard on you during your emergency medicine rotation... or in how the kids would say, why I was such a dick to you? " My eyes widened slightly as he spoke, and as a few memories popped up from my time rotating in the ER, I lightly shrugged in response.

" It's because you needed to be stronger. You were and still are one of the best students I probably will ever have. You learned everything on the first day with ease, had perfect patient interactions and amazing recognition. Hell, I was even able to take a few hours or even a day to myself because you were so amazing.. But I also noticed on day one that not only were you a perfectionist, but how doubtful of yourself and beaten down you were when faced with a blow to your perfect streak... You follow me? " He muttered, and I nodded.