Chapter - 1

"Six months" I whisper to nobody as I cross another day off the calendar.

Time is my prison and me its prisoner.

I put the black marker back in its case, my face remains emotionless and empty, not a hint at what I am going through.

Humans are fools, they believe what they live and restrict their knowledge to that. They don't know them who live in our world, who look like us and laugh and eat like us. What fools and to think that I was one of them too.

My brain cannot forget its knowledge of what it has discovered, it cannot afford the freedom of the unknown like the rest of my kind anymore, it knows and so do I.

The weather isn't cold but the house still feels so, the empty walls of decor and lack of colour with the lack of presence of another soul, another body, even it has become desperate for more.

Whereas my body? It doesn't react to the wind that breezes once in few minutes, it welcomes the cold to its bones. It lets it reach them, the heart inside it is so hard that no holes exist to the soft inside now like it once did. I wonder if the soft even exists anymore.

I will live alone, do my Job, come home, eat alone, sleep and repeat it all over again the next day.

My clothes aren't in colour, gosh I hate colours. They are so bright and stupid and the world is the box of it.

If you put it under water, the colours with flow down it in liquid leaving the palette white, like the day it came to life.

I take out eggs from the fridge and scramble them in the pan, the food warm and comfortable. Putting them in my bowl, I take them to the living room and sit down on the sofa, music doesn't play and the TV is mostly never on. The silence stays loud as always, being my only true friend outside of work and to share my day with. I like it.

I was maybe ten when I last felt, the world, my world at least came crashing down and pushed me on my knees to beings that were raged by my existence.

They are long gone but their rage isn't, they turned it into misery for me and now live in peace thinking that they have taken their revenge. So be it, let this be their revenge and I shall die for them because it's better than nothing in the end even if it all happened because of them.

What is that saying that when you have nobody, your captor becomes your safety net because the world beyond becomes another planet when the captor changed the way you see it.

You still go to him.

That's me, my name is Karishma.

What a fucking joke.