Everybody's Fool

"Smile! Smile!"

"Alexis, over here!"

"Look at my camera!"

Breathe, I reminded myself. My mouth curled into a fake grin, making sure to put on a happy face. The cameras clicked constantly. My eyes were almost blinded by so much flashing. Thankfully, someone put their hand on my arm and led me inside the show's venue. 

"Those awful paparazzi freaks," the person mumbled, slamming the doors shut. I recognized the person as Ryan, my mini-coach slash publicist. He flashed me a smile, then clapped his hands. "Models! Out here!" he called, cupping his large hands on the sides of his mouth. 

Six other girls appeared next to me, poised and ready for action. The girl next to me elbowed me with a sly grin.

"How's the crowd?" she asked, shaking her blonde hair behind her. Her waves cascaded down toward the middle of her back. Her lips probably glistened because of gloss. Her light blue eyes looked almost green. Freckles scattered the bridge of her nose, standing out against her extremely pale complexion.

"Huge."

We practiced for a little while before opening the doors.  People flooded in, taking their seats. They chatted in low murmurs.

Meanwhile, I was in the dressing room on the lower level. My light brown hair was being straightened. At the same time, people put loads of makeup on my face. I would've coughed, but I knew better. After all, I was known as the Alexis Brown. The latest senstation in the fashion world, and just about anywhere else. I was the girl who was booked two years from now. I was the perfect girl that everyone envied.

These people don't know the behind-the-scenes. They didn't know what happened off the runway. They didn't know my life. They didn't know my past; the the memories that haunted me every night and day.

My life would be worth it if I had support and love. But there was no one there to give me that. All that was there was an empty void and awful memories. A mental flashback made its way into my mind, but it was cut off by a voice.

"It's your time to go," someone called out to me. They gestured to the capsule that I was supposed to walk into that took me onto the runway. I nodded, standing up and slipping inside. The purple door slid shut and I tapped my foot while moving upward. It lurched to a stop and I made sure to give a barely-there smile. Smile with your eyes, not your mouth.

The door slid open and roaring applause shot through the room. I lifted my head and strutted down the runway. I spun in the correct places, struck poses, and everything in between. The clapping never ceased while I walked down the aisle. It wasn't until I was at the end of the runway, putting my hand on my hip, when I heard it.

A low laugh rang in my ears.

I ignored it, thinking it was just some rude person in the audience. I was about to spin around when I heard that awful voice.

Give it up, won't you? Just drop dead. Drop dead!

Someone started to scream. It took me a minute to realize I was the one shrieking. Someone-or something-was pushing me. I fell backwards on to the runway. Shocked gasps left the lips of many of the audience members, but no one moved to help me. 

My head collided with the ground first, and when I tried to stand, I was pushed forward and went rolling of the runway. The room smelt like blood, and black spots corrupted my vision slowly. I cried out again. Then it all went black. 

One more voice entered my ears.

"Hold on. I'm here for you." It was a slow whisper, a sound that didn't belong to anyone I knew. A groan left my lips.

"Help me," I murmured before fading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe me, I didn't want to start a new story. But my real life friend and I wanted to make a bet to see who get more reads in twenty four hours. We both needed to start a fresh story to see who would get the most readers. This is only a prologue-like thing. Anyway, give this story a chance please. Votes, comments, likes, and fans are appreciated. (: