The Aftermath

Briana Matthews was dating the Nick Davis. The future king, leader of the Northern Chapter and the Round Table.

Until she came along.

It's not like she meant this all to happen, she had no idea until that final battle in the cave, when she got called by Merlin thanks to Vera.

Yet for now, everything seems worth it thanks to Nick- he's the best thing that's happened to her. His handsome face and kind nature was perfect in combination with the pull between them, which Bree later realised was because of the ancestries to Arthur and Lancelot. Their companionship was literally in their blood. She feels safe waking up next to Nick, he would protect her and knowing just how much he cared for her made her insides flutter. She is happy with Nick.

Part of her still wanted more though.

She hated that she felt this way but she pushed it to the back of her mind as she felt the hot water rush down her face, getting ready for a date with Nick. The Shadowborn and the Line of Morgaine seem to have been kept at bay for now, and the couple finally had time for their relationship after the selection, the trials, and the search for the truth. She grabbed her denim jacket as she skipped out the door, waving a cheery goodbye to Alice, who was studying for a test the next day.

Nick's face lights up as soon as he notices Bree, who is crossing the road across from this cute coffee shop William recommended to them.

"Hey"

"Hey" Bree replies, feeling heat flash across her face and smile threatening the corners of her lips.

God he looks good- 'Sorry Vera!' She apologises quickly, hoping she won't get slapped again for taking the Lord's name in vain, and no response comes, thank goodness- a tight button up shirt that pulls in across his toned body and muscular arms, and his blonde hair swept back neatly. She notices his eyes running up and down her body, clearly coming to the same conclusion as her.

He takes her hands and laces his fingers through hers, leading her to a cosy booth in the corner, which looks out onto the park with blooming flowers and vibrant green trees. It feels perfect.

'So' he grins, 'How are you?'

'Good! So glad to get away from the library for a bit, my teachers need to chill out! And, you know, glad to take a bit of a break from the rest of it.' She answers, almost whispering the last bit.

Nick nods in agreement, their minds casting back to the betrayals, loss, and fear they've faced over the past weeks. His face darkens slightly, before he shakes his head, as if to shoo away the bad memories. The waitress comes over and takes their order- a cappuccino for Nick and an iced tea for Bree. They make small talk for a while until comfortable silence settles over them while the waitress brings over their drinks.

'Can I try some of yours?' Nick asks with his sapphire blue eyes gleaming from the sunlight streaming through the window. She would have kicked anyone else for asking, but she just couldn't say no to Nick Davis.

'No' she smiles while sliding her cup across the wood effect table.

After taking a sip Nick's eyes widen- 'This is so much better than mine! We should swap'.

Bree gives Nick a look and he backs off, handing back her iced tea while he tries to justify, saying 'I thought you would like the chocolate sprinkles on my coffee!' She lets out a small laugh and sucks on straw in triumph.

Then, conversation easily flows between the two, of course avoiding topics that could break the Oath of Secrecy, but they would likely talk about them at the Lodge later on. Bree knew a difficult conversation was going to come- they had barely talked about what happened in the cave that night as Nick had been taken by Isaac and his Dad, and they had to fight lots of demons and full corp hellhounds, foxes, and whatever other creatures crossed the Gate.

By now, she had had enough time to process everything and felt she could tell Nick everything. Well, as much as she knew- Bree still didn't know the full extent of her powers as a Medium, Bloodcrafter, and awakened Scion of Arthur.