𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍ

꧁🄿2|🄲29꧂❨

꧁🄿2|🄲29꧂
❨.。.:*✧ 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞❩

REBEKAH LET OUT A BREATH AS SHE PUSHED HER SOAKING-WET HAIR OUT OF HER FACE

REBEKAH LET OUT A BREATH AS SHE PUSHED HER SOAKING-WET HAIR OUT OF HER FACE. She stood in the shower, letting the steaming hot water flow over her body - and she hastily whipped the water from her eyes.

The family had all vacated the house. Edward, Jacob, and Bella were already up on the mountain - preparing for the battle that was going to happen tomorrow. The others were out hunting or spending time with each other - which left Rebekah alone.

Emmett had wanted her to come with him and Rosalie, but she had kindly refused - opting to let the couple have time alone. Leah wished to come over, but she wanted to spend time with the pack and maybe reconcile with Emily (Rebekah was keen on getting the two cousins to talk to each other if it was the last thing she ever did.)

Which led Rebekah to sit on her bed watching Golden Girls and looking through an old picture album to pass the time.

And then her phone rang.

"Hello?" She didn't look at the caller ID, instead letting her gaze stay on a photo of her and Alice under a pile of snow, a laughing Jasper and Emmett standing behind him. That had been a fun Christmas.

"I hope you liked my gift, it took me a while to figure out what you might have liked." Alec's voice made Rebekah drop the photo album. She had been expecting him to call, but that didn't mean she was ready for it.

"Alec-" She started as she picked up the photo book and placed it back on the shelf it had come from. "-I wasn't expecting your call."

Her mate just hummed, "Yes, well I just wanted to see how you were doing."

Rebekah bit her lip and her gaze flickered to the family portrait that hung near her bookshelf. It was time to confront him.

"Other than preparing to fight an army of Newborns - not much. But you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you Alec?"

ALEC NEARLY DROPPED HIS PHONE AND DEMETRI'S GAZE SNAPPED UP FROM THE BOOK HE HAD BEEN READING

ALEC NEARLY DROPPED HIS PHONE AND DEMETRI'S GAZE SNAPPED UP FROM THE BOOK HE HAD BEEN READING. The elite guard was staying at an abandoned house and at the moment, Jane had been out scouting - leaving Felix, Demetri, and Alec to themselves. The immortal teen had hoped to have a nice chat with his mate.

It seemed luck would not be on his side this time.

"Rebekah, let me explain-" He rushed out and Felix poked his head in from the bathroom, hair wet from the shower, and Demetri raised a brow. "I was going to tell you, but there are things you don't understand."

"You've got a lot of nerve, Alec Volturi. How could you not tell me about this? Better yet why the fuck hasn't this been taken care of yet!?" Alec flinched at the hiss that echoed down the line. Rebekah was furious, and she had every right to be. "Do you have any idea how many times I had to defend you when Edward blamed your coven for this? The amount of pitying looks I have gotten from my family? And don't even get me started on how you were going to let my family be slaughtered!"

Alec pulled the phone away from his ear as this hiss became a snarl. "Rebekah please you don't understand - Jane said-"

"I don't care what your creepy sister said!" Rebekah cut him off and Alec could just imagine the way her jaw was locked and the way her eyes would be as dark as night. "She is not your caretaker and she doesn't make decisions for you. Do you think I let Emmett boss me around? Fuck no. I thought you were supposed to be this big bad vampire, but now I see you as nothing more than a damn coward."

Demetri and Felix shared a look as the giant came out of the bathroom, both worried for their friend.

"You listen to me well." Rebekah took a deep breath. "I swear to every higher power there may be if any of my family gets hurt tomorrow - I will never speak to you again." And with that, she hung up leaving a heartbroken Alec to stare down at his phone.

"Alec, she's just upset." Felix told him as he placed a hand on Alec's shoulder.

"Felix, that girl isn't just upset - she is downright furious." Demetri scoffed as he picked his book back up.

"What am I gonna do? She won't listen to me!" Alec cried out as he slouched down at the table across from Demetri - dropping his head onto the table in defeat. He had messed up, and Rebekah was never going to forgive him - it was over.

And then he had an idea.

[a/n ✍︎]

OOOOOO! DRAMA! AND ONLY A COUPLE OF CHAPTERS LEFT UNTIL WE GET INTO PART THREE!

Thoughts? Ideas? Predictions?

Be sure to let me know!

Until the next update!

Love,
Drea.