Chapter One: Of Course Something has to go wrong

~~~~~Chapter One: Of Course Something has to go wrong~~~~~

"Hey, Zoe! What's up?" Sophie said, walking up next to me.

"Oh, well, definitely not gas prices," I replied sarcastically. Sophie and I had been friends for as long as I could remember. Even our mothers were best friends so it just seemed natural that we should be too. Also, I was really annoyed but Soph looked excited so I would just tell her later.

"Ha ha ha. Now, switching to more important matters, guess who has a date to spring formal?"

"I don't know, who?"

"Me!" she replied jumping up and down. No, seriously. She was literally jumping up and down.

"With whom, may I ask?" I said, tucking a loose strand of my fiery red hair behind my ear.

"Um...just Carter Wilson...!" she shrieked.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me sooner, Soph?!"

"I don't know. He asked me only this morning. Now, enough about me, let's talk about you...tomorrows your sweet sixteen, girl! You have to do something special! I mean, how many times does a girl get to celebrate her sixteenth birthday?!"

"I really don't want a big party...maybe just you, me, my family, and Michael." I sighed. I hated being the center of attention. That was Alexa's job. She was the biggest b*tch in our grade (which is 11th, if you hadn't figured that out already). Her and her two 'best friends', meaning that they pretend to like her just to be popular,  Amy and Lacy.

We became enemies when we both fell in love with Josh when we were in 8th grade. He asked me out though and we've been mortal enemies ever since; even after I broke up with him for kissing Brooke Reynolds.

"Nope," she said, popping the p. "You are going to have a big party and its gonna be at the beach. I've already invited everyone except the trio, so you should be fine."

I should've known right then and there that something bad was going to happen. But  of course, me being the naive person I am, chose to ignore my gut.

How wrong I was...

*____<3____*

A/N:

Hey guys, this is one of my more easy going stories but it's still a work in progress. I'll post the next chapter as soon as I can but right now, my eyes are beginning to sting from looking at the computer screen so long, so I'd better just post this and be done with it. And the picture on the side is of Sophie.

Adios amegos. Bye bye. ;)