.ch seven

SINCE THAT NIGHT IN THE WOODS, Charlie had only been back to the tree house once

SINCE THAT NIGHT IN THE WOODS, Charlie had only been back to the tree house once. Everything she had given Robby was gone and he was also gone. Though he did leave her a note explaining why he was gone. The letter was sitting beneath the teddy bear they shared as kids with a little dandelion laying across the paper. She had sat down on the small stool where he sat when she had cut his hair and began to read.

To the person who helped

   By now you should know that I'm gone by the way this place is empty. I just couldn't bring you down with me, you knowing where I am would make you an accomplice, at least I think. You wouldn't survive juvie, and don't tell me you would. Don't forget I know you are scared of butterflies, imagining you inside there would be 10 times worse. Don't worry I'll be seeing you soon.

      R.S.K

  Wow, maybe she should have never told Robby about the butterflies.

  Robby told her not to worry but she never listened to him before and she not going to start now.

  She took the bag of canned food back with her, she knew he wasn't going to come back for any reason and took the teddy bear with her when she left the tree house for what she felt would be for a long time before she came back. She promised herself that the next time she came, she would be with Robby, a Robby who was not in the run.

۪۪۫۫

  Charlie had gone and come back from school the next week. It was pretty uneventful, she would sit next to Moon in science class, sit far away from the boy with the mohawk who she learned was named Hawk ironically in computer class. Moon had told her his actual name was Eli but after a dramatic change, he preferred Hawk. He seemed like a nice kid underneath all the karate and Cobra Kai teachings.

  Cobra Kai, she learned, was the dojo of Miguel and the rest of his friends. Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy was the motto of the dojo.

  Kind of scary if you'd ask Charlie. Though it did remind her of Robby, he always acted first and then asked questions after. Maybe it was because his father was the sensei of Cobra Kai, but if Robby hadn't been in Miyaji-Do, he would have fit in with his father's dojo.

...She is never going to tell him that.

Sam had tried her best to keep her company but she was dealing with her own problems, especially after what happened with Tory. Most of Charlie's time was spent napping in the library during lunch breaks and sitting in the auditorium listening to music.