.ch five

ROBBY WAS ON THE RUN from the police

ROBBY WAS ON THE RUN from the police. Nobody has been able to contact him, and for obvious reasons, he didn't carry a phone on him. He wasn't at the skate park, behind the mall, or at his mom's, places he would usually go when he needed to get away from everyone.

Of course, he wasn't, they were the prominent places people would search for him at. He didn't want to be founded. Who would like to be, especially after running from the authorities?

It was driving Charlie crazy, he was out there, alone, sleeping out in the cold night and probably scared. It was the time of year when it started becoming darker during the afternoon and getting colder at night.

Charlie had run away once when she had a stupid argument with her mom when she was thirteen years old. she didn't even make it a mile away before she returned home could of how cold it was in Chicago at 9 pm. Even though this wasn't the same circumstance, she still remembers the cold. Luckily, Charlie had her mom waiting up for her while he had no one.

۪۪۫۫

Robby couldn't go to his mom, she was in rehab, he couldn't go to his dad, he was at the hospital waiting for Miguel to wake up and he couldn't to his newfound home, Daniel had basically thrown him out after the party fiasco.

Actually, there was probably one place he could go if remembered it, though it was a fifty-fifty chance he was there. The tree house deep in the woods was old but loved by the two kids when they would sneak out from their babysitter when their moms would have a spa day. It wasn't that far from where she used to live but was now. It would take about an hour to get there now, and it was currently three in the afternoon. She could make it before dark and have time to search for him in the light.

Pacing back and forth, she decided she would at least leave a note for him, hoping that he remembers the tree house. She started looking around her room for stuff she could possibly leave for him. A blanket she doesn't use (that was a lie, that was her favorite and warmest one), a gray zip-up jacket, and an umbrella in case it rained. That was all she could spare for right now, any more and her mom would start questioning her.

She stuffed the stuff in a grocery bag and tied it, making sure there was no way for water to ruin the things. Actually, should she put some kind of food in there?

Yeah.

She untied the bag, ripping it in the process.

Might as well put it in a bigger bag.

She made her way to the kitchen, her mom was in there making herself a late lunch. Trying not to be suspicious, she made her way to the open pantry. She could feel eyes on her while she debated between picking a box of lucky charms or canned fruit. She remembered that Robby didn't like lucky charms, so canned fruit it was. She also picked some of her snacks to leave for him. The eyes left her for a few minutes before returning when she walked out of the pantry with an armful of snacks and cans. Her mom cleared her throat getting Charlie's attention.