CHAPTER 17. NOT-SO-SWEET REUNION

"Because Amaya Fushiguro officially died on December 25th

"Because Amaya Fushiguro officially died on December 25th. I saw it, so you can't lie to me." The man pulled his dark-colored blindfold off of his face. His crystalline blue eyes bore into Amaya's frightened ones as he asked again, "So tell me, who are you?"

A question of 3 words, yet Amaya couldn't find one to say. Death was something forever irreversible, so why would Gojo say such a thing? The word itself scared Amaya. She hated the idea of death itself— she didn't want to leave her life behind without a say.

Yet here she was, confined to a bed in what she assumed was the nursery while being told that she actually shouldn't be alive. Her eyes, still blown wide, avoided Gojo's. Instead, she looked at the other people that stood by his side.

Panda, Inumaki, a pink-haired boy, Okkotsu, Gojo, Megumi, an orange-haired girl, and Maki. In that order, those 8 people stood in front of Amaya. They all held different expressions, especially the two people unfamiliar with Amaya. She saw how their faces twisted into confusion.

When her eyes met the dark blue ones of her brother, Amaya found it in herself to finally speak. She begged, "M-Megumi, please, tell me it's not true..."

The boy clenched his fists in his pockets upon hearing her weak voice. He's never once heard her sound so defeated. Even when Tsumiki was cursed, she didn't sound this way. Amaya's voice had never been so vulnerable until now.

"You tell me," he spoke. He finally looked Amaya in the eyes, "Am I staring at an imposter? Is that what it's come to?"

"No! It's me, A-Amaya! I don't remember what happened, I swear...! T-there was someone there and blood and- ah!"

Feeling a sharp pain in her head, Amaya winced. Her hand shook against the itchy rope that tied it down. She didn't understand the current situation much, but she knew very well that the others didn't believe her. She'd never felt so desperate to prove herself until now.

'This has to be a sick joke... Someone's- someone's messing with me'

"Whoever you are, get out of my head. Please, please just stop," Amaya begged.

Amaya didn't dare to look up at the faces that were currently haunting her. She waited a while, no one making any movements. She knew that they were waiting for her, but she continued to hope that they were figments of her imagination.

The girl heard a couple of shuffles before she could see somebody move to her right side. By the ring on his hand, Amaya knew Okkotsu decided to stand next to her. She only flinched when he took out a small blade.

Initially frightened, Amaya looked away as he lifted the blade. She awaited any sort of harm, which she hoped would wake her up, but felt none. The brunette opened an eye when she felt the weight of the rope off of her wrist.