Katherine

My name is Katherine, and I am 25 years old. I grew up in the little town, kennin, NYC. I was only 10 years old when my father left my mother and I with the stupid, lame excuse of not being able to provide for us because he had been unemployed for 2 months. My mother, Evelyn, was devastated of course but I on the other hand was infuriated with my dad, with myself and even with my mother. I blamed her at first, thinking that it was her fault that droved him away but later on as I grew, I realized that my father was to blame; it was his fault, his cowardice that made what my mom and I had become. Let me explain, because my mother was working as a cleaning maid, money was always the problem, she didn't have the money needed to pay the bills, food, rent or anything that she and I needed. She heard from a girlfriend of hers that she knew this guy who worked with important people who gave lots of money for a woman's company. My mother was desperate in obtaining quick cash so she agreed to take a go for it. She explained to me that she was going out to work, I asked her, that first day when she started, where she was going and if she had found another job. She told me she had and that all she had to do was being someone's company for the night. I didn't know better, hell I was only 10 years old! I thought that was normal but time flew by and what started as nights out became bringing in men to our house. When I was 15, one night I was getting ready to go to bed and it was past 9:30 and my mom wasn't home yet. I just went to bed knowing she always got home late from one of her encounters. Screams woke me up, "Ah, Ah, ay.. Yes, yes!!", I woke up frantic because my mothers scream were so loud that I didn't know what was going on in her room next to mine. I walked slowly to her room and her door was ajar, I watched through the door and there she was, lying naked on the bed with a man on top of her. They were having sex in our house! Apparently my mom was drunk because I could hear her rattled words that were hard to understand. I stood there watching how that man was harshly thrusting into her while my mother was moaning louding, screaming, "YES, YES, HARDER! " I decided that was too much so I went back to my room and locked myself in. I couldn't sleep that night, hearing my mother's screams all night kept me awake. That was the day when everything changed. My mom started bringing more and more men in the house, constantly having sex without worrying that I was there. My life changed forever! I followed my mothers footsteps and here I am now, another prostitute surviving day after day hoping that one day I can live another life and get free from this addiction.