FXCC CANCEL CULTURE

Prompt: Beauty

Nikka's big sister is a big fan of social media and she simply don't get the point of it all. She decided that she would put her art into it instead. She created @nikkzartsthetic and was delighted that so many people were finding her art work to be original.

She was so happy that she was able to get through to people with her artwork.

So many of her followers were wondering who was the artist behind the artwork and in her introverted mind she couldn't possibly show her face to them. She decided to get her cousin who loves to do theater make-up to help put a photo out there. Nikka designed an elaborate art that would cover her face and they made good time in putting it on her face using make-up and poster paint. Her best friend took the photos with her high end smartphone and posted it.

Nikka's notofications blew up. Her followers were all happy for her except for one. "She's just a copycat. She's copying @mutlifacedzart! Wataloser!"

She didn't know what to do. No one has ever called her a copycat before. Who was this person who was draggin' her down?

She didn't want it to escalate so she just decided that she was going to forget that comment.

She didn't have Twitter so she didn't know that somewhere on the internet people were calling her out. Her cousin clued her in to it and she couldn't help but cry. People were mocking her artwork because they didn't like that one where she put the artwork on her face.

She hadn't meant to make any kind of copy of anyone's style. And it wasn't even just her own work on her face. She designed it, her family and friends helped her put in on her face.

"Why are they canceling me over something like this? Isn't art and techniques not patented to just one person?"

Then she got the DM from @mutlifacedzart, 'Next time, stay in your lane. If you weren't a minor, I would've sued you for copying my style on your account.'

Nikka decided to just take down the face art and put her account on private. She blocked all the haters too.

She kept on making her artwork and designing shirts became her outlet for the stress and confusion she felt during that time. She designed her series of FXCC Cancel Culture and it was picked up by a clothing brand which helped her earn enough money to start her own online store.

She decided that if the internet was not ready for her originality and was going to bring her down each time, she was going to make sure that no one can make her feel that horrible.

Her first post on her new public instagram for her clothing design store said it all. @fxccanzelculture Your Art is Nobody's #onlinebullies #lookatmenow To which she wore the white shirt that had the photo of her face art design, her fingers holding out a peace sign.