PROLOGUE

" Hey, Thea!" 

Yun agad ang naging bati sa akin ng aking kaibigan pagpasok ko ng office. I didn't expect her to be here, I thought hindi pa siya makakauwi.

"Hey, Lily! Omg, you're here!!"  I excitedly went to my friend. This is the first time I saw her again since she left.

"Yesss I'm here na!! So since I'm here na I'm planning to hang out with you, are you in?" She asked while looking at me with a grin on her face.

"I know that grin on your face, what are you planning to do? And did you come home alone? or are you with someone?" I suspiciously asked her, I have known this woman for almost half of my life and I know that she is planning something.

" I asked you first! Are you in or are you out? And don't worry I'm just planning to go to the beach with you." She answered me, avoiding my second question.

" I'll check my schedule, you know how busy I can get," I answered her. Hindi ko na siya tinanong ulit because I know she will just make an excuse not to answer me.

" Ohhh okay, so I'll excuse myself first I just came here to surprise you and ask you if you can hang out with me." She told me disappointedly, almost guilt-tripping me. She walked passed me, not looking back but before she can exit my office I grabbed her arm.

"Okay, I'll talk  to mom and dad if I can have a vacation leave." I told her, ayoko naman siyang magtampo sa akin kaya wala akong choice kung 'di samahan siya.

"Yehey, So this Saturday na ha, I'll just pick you up sa bahay niyo!!"

"Ohhh okay, I'll talk to dad na later para makaalis tayo." I told her. Kung makatalon naman siya kala mo batang binigyan ng candy.

"YESSSS!! You're the best Thea!!" She shakes my whole body by holding  my shoulders.

"Sige na nga umuwi ka na magpahinga ka muna, pag nalaman ko talagang may binabalak ka, nako Ashnah Liliana yari ka talaga sa akin may tatawagan talaga ako kapag nangyari yon!" I exaggeratedly told her.

"Eto na nga ehh, bye bye my friend I love youuuu!" Ohhh how I love this girl.

"Bye I love you mag ingat sa pagdadrive." She kissed my cheeks as a goodbye kiss, I got used to her kissing my cheeks because it's really her mannerism to do that and I just love it when she do that to me.

I fixed some things on my office table before wearing my coat and doing rounds with the interns I'm teaching. We finished early but I still have a 4 hours AVMs removal surgery on one of my patient, after that I have a meeting to attend. What an exhausting life I have, but this is what I chose and despite being tired all day I still enjoy this life, I wish nobody will return and turn this life I have upside down.

After the exhausting surgery I performed I change into a satin button down long sleeve blouse, I tucked it in my high-waisted wide legs trouser and i wore my black J'Adior slingback ribbon pump and got my black medium lady dior universe bag. I went straight to the conference room where we will be discussing about the new branch of our hospital we will locate in Olongapo City.

We discussed about the date we will start the construction of the hospital because we already talked about the interior and other things about the hospital last meeting, dad said he knew a good construction company and it's a family friend's company too so it won't be a hassle to contact them plus the board agreed to this too.

After the meeting I returned to my office to sign some paperworks before going home. When I got home I just took a bath and did my skincare before changing into my sleepwear. I didn't bother to eat because I'm too exhausted to even lift a finger, I'll just talk to dad tomorrow regarding my vacation leave and dad said he'd assign me to talk to the engineers and architect. Good thing my beach trip with Lily is scheduled on saturday, it won't affect my meeting with the engineers and architect on thursday.