XIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Dragons

{ Rhaenyra }

✧✦✧

𝕰xtracting herself from Malkym's embrace had been challenging.

Rhaenyra had woken as the sun did, with Malkym curled around her, before realising that she had to return to her own chambers before anyone could see her. It had been a sorrow to break Malkym's hold on her and get back into her dress, not helped by Malkym waking up halfway through to catch her and pull her back into his arms for early morning kisses.

But, Rhaenyra had managed to return to her own chambers, change into a different dress and suitably mess her bed linens up so that it looked like someone had slept in them.

She'd then joined the Thorne family to break their fast.

"Here." Malkym pulled the chair back for her, allowing her to sit beside him. Rhaenyra sank down, as Malkym's brothers joined them, all four eating swiftly.

"What are your plans for the day?" Malkym questioned the two younger ones.

"I am training." Calym mumbled, glancing at Rhaenyra discreetly beneath his eyelashes, before looking away as she caught his eyes. Both boys were still nervous around her. "I have to keep practicing with my sword if I am to be as good as you."

"I think that I will be in the library." Michayl continued on from his brother.

"Will you not train with Calym?"

"I do not want to train, not today at least." Michayl shook his head. "I would prefer to read."

Malkym hummed, chewing on his bread as Calym looked up.

"What will you be doing?" Malkym thought for a moment as Rhaenyra watched him carefully.

"I do not know."

"I wish to introduce him to Syrax." The three boys all turned to look at her with wide eyes. "You might have to bring your favour, Malkym, just in case she tries to burn you."

"You are not as funny as you think you are." Malkym glared.

"No, more so." 

Malkym snorted at that, giving her a gentle nudge as his brothers hid grins and laughter, ducking their heads.

"Well, there you have it. I shall be meeting a dragon." Malkym shook his head as his uncle appeared. "Uncle. News?"

"Aye, a scroll." Rickard handed it to Malkym, as the man opened and read it swiftly before passing it to Rhaenyra. She read through it too, before pulling a face.