When love and death embrace(part 1)

1

America, California. March 3, 2003. 9:48 PM.

20 years old guy like crazy rushed to the hospital of his native city and ran down the hallway. He was torn from routine by a call from the hospital and doctor's two simple words - the time has come. Why? Why? All these questions swirled in his head as he ran to the ward where the girl was. The girl he madly loved.  He loved since high school. Emily ... She was everything to him. She was like air, the meaning of life. Her smile was uplifting and could warm in the most difficult moments. Cheerful, kind, beautiful, and most importantly the most beloved girl she was. Their happiness knew no bounds, because they understood each other perfectly, and always maintained throughout. It all ended a few years ago, when they found out about her illness. Cancer ... Damn disease that simply had no cure. Emily’s smile even in such a situation never left her beautiful face. Together they believed that they can handle it, that they can win, but ... Apparently they failed.

- Amy, what do you ... - The guy flew into the ward and appeared next to his beloved. – Don’t you dare to give up! Do you hear me?

The girl hardly looked at most loved one person in her life and the corners of her lips barely twitched. This should’ve been her wonderful smile that never came. Her face was deathly pale. She was dying.

- I'm sorry Brian ... - She said, barely audible.

- Stupid! You and I have still so many things to do! It’s not the time to give up ... - The guy knew everything already. There was no help, but he didn’t want to put up with it. He was holding Emily's hand and gently stroked her head. - Amy ... Don’t...

- I cannot do this anymore ... I feel that ... Everything ends. - Her hand with difficulty reached for Brian cheek. - I'm leaving...

- Amy no, don’t... - Brian whispered and pressed her hand to his cheek. - I can’t live without you, don’t go... Don’t leave me!

- Everything will be alright ... Do not give up your plans ... Carry on ... Brian, do you hear me?

- I'm nothing without you! Amy, no ... - And let them say that boys don’t cry. It’s not true.

- You are strong ... You can do everything... Just don’t forget me. - Emily smiled. Her smile lit up her pale face as before. She was beautiful, even at such a moment. At her last moment. - Wait for me ... Only ... wait ...

Her smile slowly began to fade. Hand weakened and began to fall. Eyes ... She was gone. She's gone to a better place where there is no more pain and suffering that she experienced in recent times.

- Amy ... Emily.. No ... - Brian still could not believe it's over. - Don’t go ... Don’t leave me!

- Time of death, 9:54PM. - The doctor's voice was like a sentence. Nothing could be changed.

Tears ran down his cheeks. He is a guy, he’s not supposed to cry. He didn’t care at all! He had just lost almost all sense of his life. Emily passed away and took away all colours of life and life itself. His life. Even now, already pale and cold, she was the most beautiful and beloved. Only the truth was that she couldn’t hug him anymore and say how much she loves him ... It's all over.

Two days later, Emily was buried. Many came to say goodbye to the girl. It is a pity that she died so young, but ... There is nothing you can do about it. Brian said farewell to his beloved. Everyone saw how he was hurt and good for him that his friends were next to him at that moment. Closest and most trustedfriends. Without them Brian wouldn’t get through it. Even if she was gone, Brian would always remember her beautiful brown eyes, and her last words.