❀ The Murder Attempt ❀

Continued...

At the function venue (a five star hotel),
It was beautifully decorated with rice lanterns and flowers. The entire building glimmered in the bright moonlight.
There was a host who was introducing each and every doctor who arrived and their families, to the rest of the guests. Each doctor, on entry, was greeted with a bouquet of flowers and a shower of rose petals. Everything was beautifully arranged.

Roja was the first to arrive.
She was greeted warmly by the host

"Welcome Ms. Roja. Pleasure to have you here this evening."

Saying this, a staff arrived and gave roja a bouquet of roses.
Roja happily accepted the warm welcome but her eyes were searching for Arjun.
She wondered if he had come. She had come mainly worried for his safety and she looked around for him, whether he was safe. Arjun hadn't arrived yet.

"Oh, innum Avar varala pola"
Roja mumbled to herself.

She found a seat from where she could see the entrance clearly and settled down.

About 15 mins later, ARJUN made a ravishing entry into the venue.
He was greeted by a group of other doctors. Upon entry, he was showered with rose petals which took him by surprise.
He felt ecstatic.
The host rushed towards him and shook hands with him.
"Welcome Doctor Arjun. Please"
One of the doctors questioned ARJUN about his fam..
Arjun : No doctor, Naa mattom than vanthu irukken. I don't like mixing up personal and professional life. Athu ungaluke theriyum. Moreover my fam is very big and bringing the entire family wouldn't seem nice. And sila pera vittutu sila pera kootitu vara Enakku virupam illa. So it's just me.

The host climbed up the stage and spoke over the mic.
"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. Let me take the pleasure of introducing a very important guest, one of the most talented child specialists in the city, who can handle the most complicated and delicate cases in no time. Let's give a huge round of applause to Dr. Arjun Prathap!"

Arjun climbed up the stage amidst a loud round of applause and bowed in front of all the guests. That's when Roja's eyes fell on him.

Roja gasped
"My my! How stunning he looks. That velvet blue blazer, that pearl white shirt, perfectly matched shoes and watch🤩Sheer elegance!
How elegantly and humbly he carries himself. Inspite of being so educated, having so much name and fame, he is so down to earth"

Roja's mindvoice went on and on.
Arjun's voice was needed again to snap her out from her reverie.

"I thank the host of this function to introduce me with such kind words, although am not sure if I deserve all of it. I received a warm welcome and a thunderous round of applause from all of you, which am truly grateful for. I'm pleased to be here this evening, to witness the honouring of Dr. Elangovan, who is my mentor and my role model always. Thank you all once again"

Arjun spoke on the stage. While Roja was admiring him, someone was fuming at him. It was none other than Dr. Ashok Selvan who had just arrived and was at the entrance. Many medical students gathered around him too, but he walked away angrily ignoring all of them, annoyed by the attention ARJUN was getting.

"What a rude and haughty doctor"
The students muttered under their breath.

After that, the students went to ARJUN who had exited the stage. He patiently answered all the questions the students had for him
A couple of them wanted to click a pic with him too, to which he gladly agreed and posed happily.
All this made Ashok more and more furious.
"Hmph!"