Hell's Comin' With Me- a songfic- song by Poor Man's Poison

T/W: cursing(hell, as the title suggests), fire/burning(non descriptive), mentions of blood, implied hanging(of the bad guy), one single mention of slaves in the song lyrics, mentions of a gun in lyrics

POV: Grian 

They all laughed as he turned around slow, they said, 

I turned around, foreseeing the coming attack. And then it came, purple flames burned my flesh, creating new wounds and opening old ones. Through my screams, i heard them say, "you ain't welcome 'round here any more. You just might as well go."

He wiped the blood from his face as he slowly came to his knees

He said,

I stand up, saying "i'll be back when you least expect it, and hell's coming with me. Hell's coming with me."

<Years later>

"There's a hill at the bottom of the valley," I say. "Where all the poor souls go when they die."

"And if you listen real close, you'll hear 'em like a ghost, sayin' that you're never gonna make it out alive." I say to my partner. He nods.

"There is a town at the bottom of that hill. They got a secret that they keep like a slave. They got an evil magic preacher, We'd do well to let him teach her"

"You'll be heading up that hill to the grave!" my partener protests. "Too late." i reply before breaking into a run, straight up the hill. Once i get there, i take out the guards without a hitch. And then I'm standing in front of the leader, And it is well, with my soul.

"You line your pockets full of money that you steal from the poor

And on your way down to hell, you hear me ring that bell

I'd pay the devil twice as much to keep your soul." i spit in his face. He recoils at the spittle on his mask, the only visible part of his face, his mouth, turning into a frown instead of it's normal smug smirk. "Who are you?!" he shouts at me. I smile, and speak.

"There was a drifter passing through that little valley." i say, pointing towards the valley i came from.

"See he had promised he was coming back to town." "coming back to town?" he asked, still confused.

"They didn't know him by his face, or by the gun around his waist," i say, brandishing my sword.

"But he come back to burn that town to the ground." at that moment, a purple flame ignites in the palm of my hand.

"First there was fire," i say, shooting the magic fire towards the buildings that made up the Watchers' stronghold. "Then there was smoke," i say as the buildings catch, burning easily, despite being made out of purpur and endstone.

"Then that preacher man was hangin' by a rope!" i say, the Head Watcher now hanging mid-air from magical ropes.

"Then they all fell to their knees and begged that drifter, Begged him please, as he raised his fist before he spoke." And on that last line i raise my fist, and sure enough, everyone was down on the ground, either dead or begging, with the Head Watcher pleading for his life.

"I am the righteous hand of God!" I say.  "And I am the devil that you forgot!" This time Xanthus says it. And together, "And I told you one day you will see, That I'll be back I guarantee, And that hell's coming, hell's coming, Hell, hell's coming with me!" We shout, flames engulfing the strong hold, me and Xanthus the only ones not able to be burned. And then we continue. 

"And it is well, with my soul." he sings.

"You line your pockets full of money that you steal from the poor," i say next.

"And on your way down to hell, you hear me ring that bell, And I said, hell's coming with me!" we sing together, and then as we leave, not looking back, we whisper, "and hell's coming with me."

631 words. Where it says 'they got an evil magic preacher' was originally 'black magic preacher', but I recently learned that the origin of that term is racist, so I changed it. 

Bye for now, and good unspecified time of day or night!