Hippity hopipty, the prime is now the Watcher's property

T/W: implied torture and blood and stuff, slight cursing, mentions of death, mentions of cells, chains, dehydration, malnutrition/starvation/lack of food

POV: Grian 

It takes me a moment to realize that I'm 'boy'. "I'm not that short." I mutter. Xisuma steps out of our group, very carefully, and says "We are the hermit clan from the Birth Brothers prophecy, here to get the second star fragment."

"And why should I believe you?" The guard asks. "Ummmmmmmm..." Xisuma says, very professionally. "Because it doesn't matter if you believe us or not. Either way, someone's getting through that gate of yours, it's just a matter of who, and how." I say. "Humf." the guard says, clearly unimpressed.

"Xela? Is that you?" Impulse asks. "Imp?" The guard, who I assume is Xela, responds. Without hesitation, she jumps down, gliding on medium sized white-gray wings, reminiscent of a dove's. Impulse high fives her, and she fist bumps him back.

"Who's this?" Xisuma asks. "My aunt." Impulse replies.

POV Change: Yalli

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the Prime Admin. Ya' know, this would be a whole lot easier on you if you just told me where your partner is." "I'll never tell!" I shouted. "Besides, he's 10 times stronger than you!" Zersaphed lets out a chuckle, making my stomach churn. "W- What did you do to him!?" "Oh, nothing much. Just drained him of all his powers. He should find out about, oh, I don't know, now?" he says, a sickening smile on his lips.

At that moment, in my mind I see a scene. Xelqua-Grian?- trying to fly before falling to the ground shouting "SHIT!" at the top of his lungs. I watch as his wings drain of all their color, and then he runs out of my view.

"See? There's no one to help you now. Even if that pesky Prime came to rescue you, he would just fall into our trap. If he doesn't come, he'll die of magic loss. Just like you will."

With that he leaves my cell, ignoring my useless attempts to free myself of the chains and take off the magic dampening cuffs.

Finally, i give up, curling up in the corner, my dehydrated body barely able to cry. "Please Xelqua, please tell me you're still alive, still fighting. I only have a few more weeks until I die, weather from starvation, dehydration, or magic loss. These cuffs are spatially designed to kill slowly. Please.'' I whimper, my voice hoarse from screaming and crying and dehydration and yelling at Zersaphed. Finally, I fall into a restless sleep, filled with nightmares of death, destruction, chaos, and chains.

POV Change: Grian

It was now night in the Ather, as, contrary to popular belief, there actually is a night time here. And let me tell you, the stars are amazing. With so little space between us and the stars, no light pollution and perfect weather, you can see every star in a million mile radius, or so it seems. You can even see our galaxy, the Aurora, named after the scientific name for the northern lights, aurora borealis, because of its many colors. Blue, purple, green, white, red, just like the northern lights.

After we met Impulse's aunt, we had been esquarted into a beautiful palace, complete with stained glass windows painting rainbows all over the walls, ceiling, and floor. From there, we came to a throne room of sorts, and met the queens of the Ather, Dew and Dawn Freeward.

At first they were all like 'how dare you disturb us in our private quarters' but then Xela explained who we were and we ended up having a picnic with them in the courtyard, under the most beautiful cherry blossom tree in the history of cherry blossom trees.

Next thing we knew, we had told them of our quest and Dawn said that there was a weird puzzle thing that they couldn't open which probably had what we needed in it.

Now it's around 10pm, and we're sleeping in the courtyard, the weather that of late spring or early summer, minus the bugs, thank goodness.

Now, under the cover of night, i walk over to the opposite corner of the courtyard and, hiding behind some plant life, take off my sweater. I need to figure out what happened to my magic before our next encounter with the Watchers. And this time, they won't be an old friend.

I look at my white outed wings and realize something. Sure, they are mostly white, but a few feathers still have color. Of course, i noticed this before, but now i wonder. "It was probably Zersaphed who drained my magic, because i was Pax at the time, so he would have only accounted for Admin magic, meaning..." And with that, i hold up my hand, and there, a small purple flame, growing and shrinking, brightening and dimming with my heartbeat.

I close my fist and the flame goes out. That night, i fall asleep with a smile on my face, my Watcher magic hiding my wings. 

816 words.