𝐯𝐢𝐯. ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғᴏʀᴋs

꧁🄿1|🄲9꧂❨

꧁🄿1|🄲9꧂
❨.。.:*✧ 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬❩

REBEKAH BREATHED IN DEEPLY THROUGH HER NOSE AS SHE AND ALICE PULLED INTO THE SWAN'S DRIVEWAY

REBEKAH BREATHED IN DEEPLY THROUGH HER NOSE AS SHE AND ALICE PULLED INTO THE SWAN'S DRIVEWAY. Charlie's car was gone, along with Bella's truck. The lights were out and the murky mist from all the rain left the house with a haunted look. A bad feeling began to set into the younger vampire's stomach as they got out of the car and weren't instantly greeted by Bella.

"Maybe we should come back, Alice." Rebekah suggested to her sister, only for the seer to ignore her and begin to pick the lock of the Chief of police's house. "Alice! Not once did you mention breaking and entering." The younger sister hissed quietly.

"Hush." Alice shushed her as she pushed the door open and went inside, and reluctantly Rebekah followed behind. "We will wait for Charlie to get home."

"I doubt he will be happy to see us, Alice," Rebekah mumbled as she sat down on the couch beside Alice. "I can't imagine what he is going through."

"Don't think like that, Rebekah," Alice murmured, lifting a hand to run it through Rebekah's hair. "You'll only make yourself feel worse."

"You're right-Wait! Do you hear that?" Rebekah jumped up at the sound of that familiar voice, and she thought she felt her dead heart jump in her chest. "Alice!"

The front door slammed open, and the pair of golden eyes landed on Isabella Swan - who was alive. Rebekah may not admit it later but she was the first to hug Bella as the human all but flung herself at the taller brunette.

"I'd never thought I'd be this happy to see you, Bella. You had me and Alice worried sick." Rebekah smiled as she pulled away before a grimace took over her face as she was hit with the scent of wet dog. "Why do you smell like a wet dog?" But Bella didn't get to answer as Alice began to bombard her with questions.

"Would you like to explain to me how you are alive? I mean really Bella, throwing yourself off a cliff? Why would you try and kill yourself?" Alice hissed, waving her hands in the air while Rebekah merely shook her head while crossing her arms over her chest.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself." The human blurted out, and the two sisters both raised a brow at her - indicating to explain what she was actually trying to do. "I was cliff diving. Recreationally! It was fun."

"You have got to be kidding me." Rebekah slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand. "I may kill you myself! Do you have any idea how worried we were?"

"I have never met anyone more prone to life-threatening idiocy." Alice shook her head as she glared at Bella, who just smiled sheepishly in return.

"Did you... did you tell him?" Bella asked the two softly.

"No," Rebekah answered, slightly shaking her head. "But I called Rosalie." God she hoped she could get a hold of her quickly and tell her not to call Edward. "I'm going to call her now and tell her what's going on."

"He calls once a month. He always says he wants to be alone." She heard Alice tell Bella as she walked upstairs to call her sister-in-law.

"Come on Rose, pick up." Rebekah ran a hand through her hair as she listened to the phone ring. "Rose, please pick up the damn phone."

"Hello?" Rosalie sounded nervous when she finally answered and Rebekah felt her stomach coil in worry.

"Rose, it's Bekah. Please tell me you didn't tell Edward yet." The younger sister begged as she paced in a small circle. "Rosalie!"

"I'm sorry Bekah, but I told him. He-he sounded so monotone, so cold. And then he hung up. Oh god! What have I done?" Rebekah winced at her sister's broken whisper and rolled her jaw in thought.

"Calm down, Rose. You and Emmett meet up with Carlisle. I'll try and call Edward." Rebekah tried to soothe her sister before she ended the call.

"I'm so sorry, Rebekah."

"I know, Rose. I know." And with that, she hung up the phone and quickly went to work trying to call Edward.

Rebekah chewed on her thumbnail as she waited for her brother to answer, but with every passing moment, fear began to sit into her body. And after a minute - she reached his voicemail.

Her hands fumbled as she called him again, her nerves causing her hands to shake and her lip to tremble as she tried to get Edward to answer. Though she doubted he would, not after the news he had just received. But she had to try.

"Please Edward, please. Answer your phone, please." She muttered under her breath as she called for the fifth time, only for the call to once again be ignored. "Damn it." She shoved her phone into her pocket. "Think, Becks." Rebekah muttered to herself as she ran her hands through her hair in worry.

"Rebekah!" At Alice's scream of her name, Rebekah was downstairs in an instant.

Bella was yelling at a boy while Alice was throwing things into the backseat of the car. Her golden eyes met Rebekah's own, and the younger of the two vampires felt that fear crawl up her throat.

"Rebekah, it's Edward."

[a/n ✍︎]

[a/n ✍︎]

thoughts? ideas? predictions?
be sure to let me know!

and omg! we are so close to meeting Alec! i can't wait to see them meet!

until the next update!

love,
drea.