Chapter 1

"You have got to be kidding me, DiNozzo!" Gibbs yells, filling the empty bullpen with his voice, anger in his voice and eyes as he looks at his exhausted Senior Field Agent who is frowning at his boss.  "Tell me you're kidding? Please tell me you haven't stayed up for two whole days?!" Gibbs yells at Tony, getting angrier with each word that passes through his lips. "And so what if I have? You do it all the time!" Tony retorts back, his hands going to rest on his hips as he stares at his boss who is running his fingers through his hair before flashing his blue eyes at the younger man. "We're not talking about me, we're talking about you. How have you managed to stay awake for two whole days?" Gibbs is trying so hard not to be pissed with his exhausted SFA but it's hard when the man is standing right in front of him, exhausted from lack of sleep, his green eyes filled with something Gibbs can't name. Gibbs hates a tired Tony because it makes him more likely to argue and more disobedient and more defiant.

"God boss, thought you'd know the answer to that one, seeing as you have a dozen of them every fucking day." Tony snarls, his hands bracing against his desk, keeping him upright. "And how many coffees have you had over the last two days?" Gibbs asks, Tony chuckles. "Just the coffee?" He asks, raising an eyebrow as a smirk creeps onto his face. Gibbs glares at the younger man. "What else have you had to keep you awake?" The boss asks. Tony snorts. "Coffee, alcohol, Redbull and Monster." Tony lists off his fingers cockily. Gibbs rubs his temples to fight the oncoming redhead his surrogate son is giving him. "Get your stuff now." Gibbs orders DiNozzo who shakes his head. "Oh, I don't think so, Boss, I've got paperwork that needs to be finished by tomorrow."  The Special Agent says as he sits back down at his desk, powering up his computer. Gibbs watches as his SFA types, his fingers flying over the keyboard rapidly. "DiNozzo!" Gibbs barks, Tony lifts his eyes and stops typing. "What?" Tony snarls, his green eyes narrowing.

"Get your stuff and follow me. Now." Gibbs orders, venom in his voice. Tony reluctantly gets his things and follows Gibbs to the elevator which is open.

The short elevator ride to the NCIS parking garage is silent, with neither agent talking to the other one. The agents leave the elevators and walk to Gibbs's car. Gibbs opens the passenger side door. "In." Gibbs snaps, pointing at the open door. Tony shakes his head and starts walking to his own car. "Hold it right there, DiNozzo." Gibbs snaps at his friend. "Get. In. The. Car. Now." Gibbs says slowing, enunciating the words. Tony rolls his eyes and walks back to the car, slipping in and slamming the door shut, Gibbs not far behind. Gibbs misses the turn for Tony's apartment. "Uh, boss, you missed my turning." Tony says. "No, I didn't, we're going to mine.'' Gibbs tells him, Tony's brows furrow in confusion "Why?" he asks, all he wants to do is go home and drink until he passes out enough not to have any dreams, but his boss is sabotaging that plan.

"Because you're exhausted and from what you've told me, you're drinking drinks that keep you awake, that's telling me that you're afraid to go to sleep. So when we get home, you're going to get changed while I make us a hot drink, then we're going to talk before you go to sleep and rest for the next two days." Gibbs explains in a 'don't bother start arguing with me because you won't win' tone. Tony gives a curt nod before he looks out of the window, staring at the setting sun, vaguely aware of his boss's eyes looking over at him at red lights.

A/N: My first multi chapter story in a long time. I have the final chapter of this story written. It'll be out sometime tomorrow.

Enjoy it guys. XX