Chapter 32 ~Way too cliché~

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW for DEDICATION.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is way to f**king cliché.
I can't like my best friends brother.
It's such a stupid situation.
But there is no doubt about it, I do like Ashley Thompson.
There is some part of me that wonders if I have always had a small crush on him and that I'm only now just realising. But it's just so awkward because I know he could never like me back, and it's not like I can tell Cam to find out for me. Hazel doesn't like him and I'm pretty sure Ashley has never been a fan of Bella. So I'm stuck.
I have to work this one out all on my own.
"Are you going to eat that or just play with it?" I stop stirring my musli and look across the counter from the bar stool.
"Sorry." I mumble to my mother, shoving a spoonful of musli into my mouth. My body protests against the effort but I continue to eat until I empty my bowl.
Silently pushing my chair out, I hop off the stool and trudge back up the stairs in my trackie pants and Ashley's hoodie, leaving my empty bowl on the counter.
Light from outside shines through my window and I blink slowly, letting out a yawn. My body seems to relax a bit once I realise the sun is out and that my room is no longer dark.
I check my phone and read various Facebook messages and open snapchats. Nothing interesting appears and I take a look behind me at the stack of holiday homework I am yet to start. My body seems to protest as I let out another massive yawn.
I send a quick text to Hazel about meeting up for some shopping before heading to the bathroom to shower and get changed.

Wrapping the towel around my now dry body I feel a little more awake now, but upon looking in the mirror I am met with dull blue eyes and dark bags, representing nights of haunted dreams.
It's amazing how much something can change in 3 nights. Once I had peaceful dreamless sleeps, now I can only remember waking up crying or panicking.
I pop open the lid to a white bottle and pick out a Ritalin pill before downing it with some water.
I'm pretty sure the doctor said to have one of these before I eat a meal, but who knows. She wasn't going to give me them anyway, but she worked out my anxiety was only during the night when I am alone, in the dark, with my dreams.
I put a small coat of makeup on to cover up my bags before throwing on some white jeans and a thick, light blue, knitted jumper over the top of a black, long sleeve shirt. With the weather being freezing outside now, this is the only way to stay warm.
I pull a cute white beanie that has a white pom pom on the top over my long hair, before walking out of my wardrobe with some black lace up boots.
My phone reads a text from Hazel saying she will meet me at the food court of the nearest shopping centre.
I lace up my boots before shoving my purse, phone and some other random items into a black shoulder bag and leaving my room to descend the staircase.
"Going shopping with Hazel, be back later." I call out to no one in particular before grabbing my keys and jogging out the front door.
As I walk from the front door to the garage my boots make a clicky noise against the pavement as I escape an interrogation from my family.
Once in the garage I unlock my red car and get into the drivers seat, leaving the roof on on this cold morning.
I run my hand along the steering wheel before turning the keys and starting the engine.
Boy have I not driven this in a while.
I drive out of the garage just as the man that usually accompanies me to school gets into the passenger seat beside me.
I drive off carefully along the roads and to the shopping centre to meet Hazel.

I survey the food court, the smells of fast foods drift into my nose, making my stomach tingle. How long it's been since I've had some fatty fries.
I take out my phone from my bag and send a quick text to Hazel to let her know I have arrived before heading over to the KFC stall and buying some hot chips.
My phone buzzes with a text once my order is called and I take the warm box, thanking the worker before pulling out my phone from my bag.
Hazel- Near Subway
Shoving a chip in my mouth I smile slightly as I walk around to the Subway counter and the tables and chairs surrounding it, keeping an eye out for my friend.
Rounding the side of the counter I almost gag on a chip when I am met with the sight of Hazel making out with Max.
My PT Max.
I knew they had a thing but yuck. Talk about public display of affection. With raised eyebrows I approach them and clear my throat loudly as I stand behind their chairs. They jump apart and Hazels flushed cheeks tell me they've been going at it for a while.
"Layli hey!" She smiles taking in my appearance.
"Hey." I smile popping another chip into my mouth as I feel her eyes continue to scrutinise my body, looking for weaknesses.
"Layli we haven't had a training session in so long, we can't let your fitness decrease to much." Max says going into trainer mode and I raise an eyebrow, smirking at him. He can't pretend I didn't just see him sucking face with my best friend. I chew another chip just to annoy him and turn back to Hazel.
"So how are you?" She questions frowning.
"Yea alright," I sigh "a bit tired though." She nods in understanding before Max stands up, pushing his chair backwards.
"Ok I'll be back to pick you up at 3." He says kissing Hazel on the cheek.
"Have fun babe." He says before walking off swinging his keys on his finger.
"Later Layli."
"Bye." I say before Hazel gets up and we begin to walk away from the noise of the food court and towards the retail stores.
"Ok now, how do you really feel?" She asks raising an eyebrow. I drop my happy facade and turn to face her as we walk.
"I don't know Hazel, I'm so tired and confused right now."
"Confused?" She frowns, as though she expected me to be tired but not confused.
"Yea," I hesitate. "I think... I think I may have a crush on Ashley."
Slowly but surely her face breaks out into a grin and she let's out a laugh
"I knew it! I totally called it! Now I can play Cupid and get you together." She claps.
"No, Hazel." I whine, "I told you, I'm confused as hell right now."
"Oh chica, you're so oblivious." She says hugging my head, "he definitely likes you back."
I give her a blank look before heading into a shoe shop.
"What! He so does." She whisper yells in my ear as I shake my head.
"How much more do I have to prove it." She groans.
"I thought you hated him anyway." I say, sitting on a red seat and pulling off my boots to try on some white wedges.
"I do, but I want you to be happy. After everything you deserve it. Plus I wouldn't be telling you to go for it if I thought you had a zero percent chance and were just going to get your heart broken. By the way if that does happen make sure to tell me so I can bash him up for you."
"I'm the one who does kick boxing." I laugh standing up with the wedge on.
"Speaking of which, what is happening with you and Max?" I grin as I take them off and put my boots back on when I decide they don't suit me.
"I'm not even sure Layli." She sighs, "like he is so sweet and acts just like a boyfriend and we kiss, but he just hasn't exactly asked me to be his girlfriend, like it's not official and I kind of feel like I'm just his 'go to hook up.'"
"What! You have got to be crazy to see that man isn't head over heels for you Hazel. It's the 21st century after all, if he's going to be too pussy to make a move, then you should."
"You mean ask him out?" She frowns and I nod.
"And if he says no I have permission to kick him in the balls for you." I grin throwing my arm over her shoulder. She throws her head back and let's out a laugh.
"What I would do without you."