Chapter 1: Phantoms

Down these allies. Where rats run sleepless to fetch a meagre meal. Where the trash sends an aroma of destitution, and stand still with time holding the atmosphere with its malodorous body. She stands waiting for the bus to arrive. The street lights above her flickers, playing with the darkness that surrounds her. She stands alone, with the vacancy of the space. The wind fills the void and leaves a frail cold to dwindle in the atmosphere.

And suddenly she has an unsettling feeling. That a presence is now occupying the void. She feels their eyes penetrate the darkness, and settles upon her. She decides to take off, and that she would meet the bus at the next stop. She walks with the sound of her heels reaching her ears, and it comforts her to be accompanied with such natural music. She walks, but is caught once more with the same unsettling feeling. She hears her heels. She heard a native heart. She hears her heels. She hears a native feet. She hears her heels. She hears nothing. She turns around to see no one behind her, and is forced by the vacancy to believe that it is all an illusion.

She turn to walk again but is overpowered by a most native force. Something that battles with her existence, a great evil to her state. An arm is swung around her neck. She is deprived of her ability to breath; to swallow the oxygen that settles with the void, that fills a cup with life. She shakes, placing her hands on the dark figure, trying to fight it away, but she loses. The phantom slams her to the ground and stabs her in the chest twenty time, as a deflated balloon, depriving her of ever again being able to hold air. She stares into the phantoms eyes, struck. She slowly falls into oblivion and lifelessness, but before she slips manages to whisper, "pink cloth and black silk."

The next day was a grand day. The sun sparkling above the horizon, casting an iridescent spectrum across the small world. The town is alive. It is 7:30 am. A Wednesday, morning in September. Someone yells. Someone screams. A crowd of people in commotion at the sight of a dead body. Her face barely recognizable, her features pale, her eyes strikingly red moon red, swimming in a pool of blood.

"Someone called the police!"

A stranger reaches into her purse and dialed 9-1-1. Her thumbs trembling at every number that she dialed 9-1-5 at first, but she deleted the last number and added a one. It was ringing. The stranger breath heavily between the ringing of the phone.

"911, what your emergency?"

" A woman...she's...dead...here." Breathe, breathe.

"Maaam I don't understand..."

"A woman is dead...her body is here?"

"911, where's you location maam?"

" 1031 Peacelivit drive not too far from the bus stop, in front of Americana's Drugstore."

The police arrives in 20 minute.

 The body is seized.