Chapter 13: The Tale Of A Kidnapped Boy

JEN

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

I must have stared at the clock for almost 5 minutes waiting for my mates mother to open her mouth.

We were sitting in the living room of her house drinking tea, well, she was doing the drinking, I was just staring at her face trying to read her. Her blank stare didn't help much at all.

I looked around her house to notice the walls were bare. No pictures of her husband or even Shawn were visible anywhere. Not even a meaningless painting.

My ear twitched in annoyance as the clocks ticking became louder every second making me growl in frustration.

She jumped in her seat causing her concentrated face to look at my slightly irritated expression.

Whatever deep thought I had pulled her out of was what she probably wanted to discuss with me.

I cleared my throat again when she made no move to speak.

Her eyes finally snapped up to meet mine. I never noticed before, but her eyes were this extremely dark blue color. In other words, they were beautiful. I wonder if Shawn got his eyes from his father's side? Where is his father?

"If you don't mind me asking, Where is your husband?" It felt rude to ask but my curiosity got the better of me.

Her dark blue eyes swam with sadness and I immediately felt guilty.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No it's okay. Really." Her eyes still had hurt but the small smile on her lips assured me.

"The reason I brought you here is because I wanted to tell you that everything my son is doing, is not of his own will."

I frowned. "What do you mean?" I said, trying to get her to elaborate.

She sighed a painful breath, her eyes filling with unshed tears. "I mean my son is not himself! My son is trapped in that body and I don't know what to do!" She yelled agitated all of a sudden.

I stood up to sit next to her and rubbed her arm, trying to calm her. "Please." I said sounding desperate. "Tell me what you mean?"

"My son gave his complete and utter control to his wolf. What I meant was, that's not my son, that is his wolf taking control of his body." She broke down to a sob in her hands.

I sat next to her completely still. "Why would he do that?" I asked horrified.

Giving your wolf complete and utter control of your human body was something close to a death wish.

The wolf part of our body is a beast. It's out of control and full of rage and bloodlust that cannot be satiated.

When a werewolf turns, they turn into a wolf but it is a human with a wolfs guidance and human qualities but when that human part is gone, it's just another animal on a bloodthirsty rampage.

You either have to be very desperate or completely crazy to unleash something that dangerous to the world.

His mother wept into her hands not answering my question and I was just bursting with more.

"What happened to him?" I whispered. For the first time in a long time, I felt some sort of relief. Relief because whatever my mate did wasn't really what my mate did. His mood swings started to make sense. Every time he showed an ounce of worry was the part of my real mate that was suppressed.