Chapter Two: Pair of Jokers - Renji x OC

(A/N: This is the first time I've written the POV in someone else's OC, so I hope that I write it accurately.)

(Requested by @Ammara4897

Proper title/ship: Renji x Ammara Kai

OC belongs to @Ammara4897)

--

- Ammara's POV -

"Ama-chaaaan!" Rangiku sung out as she rushed over to me, shoving the hat into my face. "You gotta go first!"

I looked at her with surprise and a bit of annoyance. "Why me?" I asked. I didn't really want to take the first turn, since I could end up getting anyone in the room.

"Bucuz I want you ta go first!" She said insistently, shaking the hat in front of me. A sly smile appeared on her face as she continued. "And if you don't pick an item, I'll pick someone for ya~!"

The stubborn side of me wanted nothing more than to fight her on that, but I knew she would make good with her 'threat.' Who knows who she would choose for me!

So instead of giving her any refusal, I sighed and nodded.

"Fine, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about going first."

I stuck my hand in the hat, which seemed to be filled endlessly with random items. My fingers brushed against something soft. I curled my fingers around it, pulling it out.

It seemed to be a band of some kind. Maybe a hair band? It looked familiar in a way.

Before I could start to figure out why the accessory looked so familiar, Rangiku took hold of my arm and pulled me towards the closet, where she gave me a push on the back. I stumbled a bit inside the small, nearly closed off space, quickly regaining my balance.

The person I got paired with walked into the closet behind me, their footsteps followed by the door closing and Rangiku's excited whisper of "7 minutes."

I looked over my shoulder and realization washed over me when my eyes landed on my game partner. I should have known that the hair band belonged to my lieutenant, Renji Abarai. That's why it had looked familiar.

"Hey Renji," I said as I turned to face him, a smile on my face.

"Hey Ammara." Renji shot a smile back at me. In the dim lighting, I noticed that his red hair had been pulled out of its ponytail at some point. Maybe when Rangiku took his hair band?

Speaking of which, I put my hand out towards him.

"Renji, here's your hair band. I think Rangiku might have taken it from you."

He seemed surprised, but smiles and took it, putting his hair back up into its usual ponytail. "Thanks Ammara."

"No problem," I responded. I decided to sit on the floor, my back against the wall, legs mostly stretched out in front of me. Renji sat next to me in almost the exact same way, except one of his legs was almost brought to his chest.

"Can you believe that Captain Hitsugaya approved this?" Renji asked a little jokingly. "Parties aren't really his thing."

I laughed lightly and nodded in agreement. "You're right about that. I can only imagine the lecture she'll be getting after this."

"Who do you think he'll be put in here with?"

"Hm...Lieutenant Yachiru," I said matter-of-factly.

"Really? I was thinking more likely Ichigo," Renji answered with all seriousness.

We shared a pause before we broke out into laughter.