Author's Note

Hi everyone!

Over the last 9 months, I have been revising, and completely rewriting Within the Walls. 

In hindsight of the covid19 pandemic, I wanted to rewrite the story without the virus subplot. I believed the themes of class differences and rebellion were strong enough for this story. This new version is a stronger version of the story, with a slight reworking of the plot, a deeper dive into the characters, and world-building consistency. 

You will notice a difference in the plot, some of the characters (including their names), and the addition of new elements. 

I am really proud of this version of the story. I have loved diving into this world again and taking it further than I did in the original version. 

I truly hope you like it. If you have read the original story, please let me know your thoughts on this one! Any feedback will be very helpful as I go back and edit it in preparation for publishing. 

Thank you SO much for all of your support over the years. I love Elle and her story. I hope I can bring it to paperback soon :) 

Emma xoxoxox

UPDATE MAY 2024: Within the Walls is getting published! I am self-publishing in October, so keep an eye out for updates about the cover, pre-order openings, and the release date! 

Follow my socials if you want to stay up to date!

Insta: emma.jacksonwrites

TikTok: emmajackson33