Prologue-Jesse's thoughts

I know I know, I'm supposed to be finishing some other stories right about now, but unfortunately there's this cranky blonde guy that really wants me to get to his turn already lol. In other news, I have a Twitter for book/life updates encase something happens to wattpad or you guys are worried that I disappeared again 😅 I'll be able to respond better to those messages! The account is @/abgrace_ it's private (so the Fam doesn't find it) but I'll ad anyone instantly! Thanks for sticking with me!-A.B.

He didn't know what life was meant to be anymore.

He thought at one point, it was family and love. Surrounding yourself with those that care about you the most and returning that love to them.

Another point, he thought it was a goal, striving endlessly for for some meaning accomplishment, all in a battle to collect as many as he could before his time ran out.

Another, less frequent point when compared to the masses of the world, was when he received a gift. He never understood why he received it, what it was meant for, and honestly, if it was truly a gift. He thought for certain that this was his true life's purpose, using this gift however he could to help others. He didn't know that his gift would be the only thing they wanted, that he wasn't a factor, and that purpose he had once claimed with his gift was swiftly taken, along with anything else that made him himself. Through years, it was taken: in vials of blood, scrapes of skin, shocks to the brain, and worst of all, with his own gift. One meant to heal and save, used to expunge and destroy.

His life's purpose is simple now; let the numbness come. As soon as it fades, chase the next wave that swiftly follows, and pray that he doesn't catch any glimpses at the horrors that lie outside of it.

This is his life now, and he isn't sure if there's anything left worth salvaging.

It's short, but I wanted to get you guys into the headspace a little bit. Also, it's 1:30 AM, my dog peed in my bed, and I have work in the morning, so I'm hoping I can add more to this as soon as the universe decides to give me a break 🙃-A.B.